• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Fibertech Hyperlite Slick 540 Build Thread

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
Ditto. I used weight when I sheeted my dalton, and I think I will buy a vacuum bagger for my next one. I ended up having to glue and tape the balsa to the leading edge of the foam wings because I guess I didn't have enough weight get that tight

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
Ditto. I used weight when I sheeted my dalton, and I think I will buy a vacuum bagger for my next one. I ended up having to glue and tape the balsa to the leading edge of the foam wings because I guess I didn't have enough weight get that tight

If you are on a tight budget, get the EZ-Vac, it is cheaper than the bigger unit and it is doing a great job for me so far. I can only bag one big piece at a time, but that doesn't bother me to do it that way. I'm sure I could do the fin, and stabs at the same time which is what I plan on doing when I get to that point

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
The turtle deck came out great, just have some sanding and fitting to do. I had the furnace go bad in my shop a couple of months ago and installed a new one. I kept the old one for the blower motor so now I decided I'm going to build a downdraft sanding table. I'm thinking about making it 36"X72" and them I can just lay my MDF top on top of it when building planes. I think I will add it to this thread as I'm building it incase someone else would like to build one someday or have some better ideas as I'm building it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 293
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 279
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 282

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
I was just looking on the website for that vacuum bagger, and did you to buy anything else to be able get started. $150 seems pretty cheap. I always thought a vacuum system was a lot more $

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
I was just looking on the website for that vacuum bagger, and did you to buy anything else to be able get started. $150 seems pretty cheap. I always thought a vacuum system was a lot more $

Here is a list of everything I bought, I decided to buy 2 of the 36" X 3 yard bags because you will need at least one for
Vacuum bagging these bigger planes and I figured since they weren't real expensive a spare one would be a good idea. Everything in the list cost me $210.00 shipped, but I did get free shipping from a special they were running.

V-01 EZ-Vac Vacuum pump kit (1 EACH)
V-12B1 36" X 3 Yards bag (2 EACH)
V-12D 40" Quick Lock Seal (2 EACH)
V-13A EZ --Vac Connector (1 EACH)
V-08A Tubing Clamps (3 EACH)

Dooinit

70cc twin V2
Here is a list of everything I bought, I decided to buy 2 of the 36" X 3 yard bags because you will need at least one for
Vacuum bagging these bigger planes and I figured since they weren't real expensive a spare one would be a good idea. Everything in the list cost me $210.00 shipped, but I did get free shipping from a special they were running.

V-01 EZ-Vac Vacuum pump kit (1 EACH)
V-12B1 36" X 3 Yards bag (2 EACH)
V-12D 40" Quick Lock Seal (2 EACH)
V-13A EZ --Vac Connector (1 EACH)
V-08A Tubing Clamps (3 EACH)
Nice. Thanks for that

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
You're welcome, if you need any help let me know. I'm not an expert but I have learned some things with it.