• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Fibertech Hyperlite Slick 540 Build Thread

Spats

100cc
I called JTEC and they are shipping today and I will have them in three days! Great customer service, they actually answer the phone. Super nice guy to talk to. Thanks again for your help Bipenut:)

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
I called JTEC and they are shipping today and I will have them in three days! Great customer service, they actually answer the phone. Super nice guy to talk to. Thanks again for your help Bipenut:)
No problem, glad it worked out and they are very nice people.

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
Here are some drawings on the downdraft table that I'm going to build. I don't have everything on the drawings since I'm still working on them, but this will give you a good idea of what I'm thinking. The blower motor will go in the center of the table and will be enclosed, and I will have three pieces of duct for each section where the filters are.

Attachments

• Downdraft Table.pdf
    17.9 KB · Views: 328
  • Downdraft Table Top.pdf
    16.6 KB · Views: 276
  • Downdraft Table Top with Peg Board.pdf
    95.1 KB · Views: 281

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I'll post some pics of mine here after I finish up some work, maybe give you some ideas. Super easy.....although I bought mine ready made it is just made with MDF by a company in the USA
usa-flag.gif

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
The motor box is looking good, but I wonder why your firewall is not flush like mine. I really like the new bench.

Spats

100cc
Thanks, Bench kit legs are awesome. My old bench was just getting old and probably sagging although I could not see it so I did not want to risk a build on it.

When I was exchanging emails while ordering it he mentioned how he change the kit a bit. I forgot about that and was stumped at first but then figured it all out. Even how the landing gear mounts is different. The motor box bottom is completely changed. Looking at yours and mine I think mine may have been easier to build so that might be one reason he changed it. He has not updated his instructions yet so anyone starting a build take note of all this.

Tubes arrived in two days from JTEC and as you mentioned they are just a red hair smaller so a little glass will work just fine to snug it up.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Here are some drawings on the downdraft table that I'm going to build. I don't have everything on the drawings since I'm still working on them, but this will give you a good idea of what I'm thinking. The blower motor will go in the center of the table and will be enclosed, and I will have three pieces of duct for each section where the filters are.

Downdraft sanding makes sanding much more pleasurable for sure! Here are a few pics of mine. I built one similar to what you are looking at once and what I found was that all of the suction is focused mainly directly over the hoses with very little suction in the corners. Even if you can have one large hole down low and a V-shaped panel on the inside you will get suction from corner to corner evenly. Mine uses 2" furnace filters with paint booth pre-filters. The pre-filters do a great job of catching the big stuff for easier cleaning.

Attachments

• _DSC0988.JPG
    _DSC0988.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 323
  • _DSC0989.JPG
    _DSC0989.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 260
  • _DSC0990.JPG
    _DSC0990.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 274
  • _DSC0991.JPG
    _DSC0991.JPG