• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 88" Edge -- now with EXP sized horizontal stabs

RKEstes

50cc
Quick video from yesterday. Still a little rich on the top end.
[video=vimeo;91237581]http://vimeo.com/91237581[/video]

I just purchased one of these. I'll be using a gp61 with a GP Pitts muffler. What prop are you guys using? I have a cf falcon 24 x 9. Where are you putting your batteries with the extra weight from the Pitts? I'll be using Savox 1231's and a 1230 for the rudder. Two 2100 life's and a 1450 life for the ignition powered through a redwingrc red powerbox pro.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I just purchased one of these. I'll be using a gp61 with a GP Pitts muffler. What prop are you guys using? I have a cf falcon 24 x 9. Where are you putting your batteries with the extra weight from the Pitts? I'll be using Savox 1231's and a 1230 for the rudder. Two 2100 life's and a 1450 life for the ignition powered through a redwingrc red powerbox pro.

I run either a 24x9 or 24x10 on my GP61.
Either will work well. The plane probably won't mind the weight of the Pitts muffler at all, and should still balance fine with batts around the wing tube. The 1231 are on the heavier side I think.

Good luck!

I have used a LOT of props in this size. The 2 that stand out are the Falcon 24x9 and the Mejzlik 24x10TH. For this motor I would say get the Mej as it can absorb more power than the Falcon.

3dbandit

100cc

I really have enjoyed the vess stealth 23B. It performs great.

If a 23x12 carbon was available, that would be ideal for this plane/engine/my flying style combo.

I don't have nearly as much experience with the Vess props as others. I like my 20B on a VVRC 40. I did not like the Stealth 28B on my 120 due to noise and was not as nice as others. I have a 25B I bought to try on my 70cc twins. Have not tried it yet.