• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 88" Edge -- now with EXP sized horizontal stabs

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hey RKEstes...did you buy the dash, pilot and deck all seperate or did all that come with the plane? Thanks!

Not RKEstes, but I can answer for you: the dash, pilot, and deck come standard on the larger EF airframes. (50cc and up I believe)

Not RKEstes, but I can answer for you: the dash, pilot, and deck come standard on the larger EF airframes. (50cc and up I believe)

Well that's a bonus and I've noticed them in the build threads on a few diffrent forums but wasn't 100% sure if it was just some extra's peps have ordered or what was included in the kit. I've figured a better way to make the rudder removable from the info form this thread on a different thread. Looks like something that could be easly done during the build and I have an better way to keep the rudder pin in place. Look here.

gyro

GSN Contributor
If you do that, please post some pics along the way, would like to see a few more angles than Steve had posted.

Does anyone have a picture of a tuned pipe installed in this plane? I should be getting one here soon, just wana see how most people would go about mounting it.

Thanks
Brian

gyro

GSN Contributor
Does anyone have a picture of a tuned pipe installed in this plane? I should be getting one here soon, just wana see how most people would go about mounting it.

Thanks
Brian
[MENTION=2941]JaseTheAce[/MENTION] are you running a pipe?

[MENTION=2941]JaseTheAce[/MENTION] are you running a pipe?

[MENTION=3]GYRO[/MENTION], I was running tuned pipes (Re2s) on all my competition planes last year. This year I will be running stock mufflers on all my airplanes except for my IMAC plane. For the 88" Edge, it now has a DA-70 with stock mufflers. It used to have a 60 with an Re2 which I ran during King50 for 3 years. I liked the 60 with a pipe a lot, but this will be even better. I switched on my 104 Extra for a lighter setup :thumbup:

gyro

GSN Contributor
[MENTION=3]GYRO[/MENTION], I was running tuned pipes (Re2s) on all my competition planes last year. This year I will be running stock mufflers on all my airplanes except for my IMAC plane. For the 88" Edge, it now has a DA-70 with stock mufflers. It used to have a 60 with an Re2 which I ran during King50 for 3 years. I liked the 60 with a pipe a lot, but this will be even better. I switched on my 104 Extra for a lighter setup :thumbup:

Awesome! Any advice you can give Brian on installing a pipe in his 88?
I've got some canister supports from a different plane that you can have Brian.

danielph

50cc
For some reason I can't find any pics of the tuned pipe installation on my Edge. (I sold the airplane right before getting the 91" Extra.)

Here is a pic of the pipe mounting system that I used on the 91" Extra. The pipe mounts exactly the same in both airplanes, but I used a standard laser-cut mount in the Edge instead of the KS comfort mount. It's a simple installation, but I would recommend running a solid header over a flex header.
DSC03608.jpgDSC03609.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: