Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  2. Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 88" Edge -- now with EXP sized horizontal stabs

Discussion in 'ExtremeFlight/3DHS' started by gyro, Jun 13, 2013.

1. 3dNater

3dNater 3DRCF Regional Ambassador

Lol... I just didnt want to be the one to tell you the batteries are gonna weigh the same regardless lol.:)

2. 3dbandit

3dbandit 100cc

You can just increase the EPA on the throttle servo to 150%. That way you get 1.5 times the power so you can compensate for the weight...

:D

3. Eric Anderson

Eric Anderson 50cc

Lol nice 3dbandit.....I'll try that.

4. Eric Anderson

Eric Anderson 50cc

I had retarded the timing from 30 to 28 for breaking in the GP as it pops a lot at 30-31 degrees. I advanced it back, to 30, today and went from 6670 rpm to 7000 on a GP Pitts. Much better!....the weight is not an issue and the poping is gone

5. gyro

gyro GSN Contributor

Texas
    Awesome! Congrats. 18.5 is nothing for a GP to throw it around like a rag doll

6. Eric Anderson

Eric Anderson 50cc

The power is great, and similar to my DLE61 in my 17lb 3DHS Extra SHP.

7. Eric Anderson

Eric Anderson 50cc

Agggghhh...too much power..I just blew the muffler apart!

8. Eric Anderson

Eric Anderson 50cc

Pic :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014
  9. Eric Anderson

Eric Anderson 50cc

Replaced the pitts with the stock GP muffler. This combo is absolutely sick. Really loving this airplane! A buddy at our club recorded this flight without me knowing, at the time. I just switched from flying helicopters two years ago ......so I still need a lot more practice :)

http://vimeo.com/103299889

10. AKfreak

AKfreak 150cc

I love your plane. What an outstanding flier.