Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  2. Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 88" Edge -- now with EXP sized horizontal stabs

Discussion in 'ExtremeFlight/3DHS' started by gyro, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Artp47

Artp47 30cc

Picking up a yellow blue edge 540 tomorrow.. GP 61 with plane bender smooth pipe can't wait.
    Thanks for all the info in this thread

2. 3dmike

3dmike 640cc Uber Pimp

You will love it! The thing has huge throws and a monster elevator!

3. Artp47

Artp47 30cc

Big question in my mind do I use the stock muffler and keep it light, or plane bender pipe and go for the extra power.

4. 3dmike

3dmike 640cc Uber Pimp

Planebender pipes are awesome and I would say without a doubt keep them!!!!

5. Artp47

Artp47 30cc

K thanks

6. 3dbandit

3dbandit 100cc

I would go with the stock muffler. lighter planes typically fly better. When you add the weight of a pipe, regardless of the power benefit, you can't over come the higher wing load when trying to 3d.

I avoid can's/pipes at all cost. Extra weight, extra cost, extra hassle.

7. 3dmike

3dmike 640cc Uber Pimp

Ha ha! There you have it, two totally different points of view! :)

8. 3dbandit

3dbandit 100cc

I would stick with the stock muffler. If you feel you want to fly faster, at the cost of wing-load, then I would go for the pipe.

Odd's are, you will be more than satisfied with the power...

9. Artp47

Artp47 30cc

Good thing I don't have to make that choice soon lol

thanks for the options

10. Artp47

Artp47 30cc

thanks for the options[/QUOTE][TABLE="class: tborder user-postbit-left-user, width: 100%, align: center"]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: user_postbit user-postbit-user, bgcolor: #111A2D"]Registered User

http://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/customavatars/avatar41926_1.gif
    Joined Jul 2009
    86 Posts

[/TD]
    [TD="class: alt2"]Checking the CG on my edge manual says 6.25 to 7 inches at the wing root, that puts the CG behind the wing tube. Where did your CG end up ?

Thank for your help

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]