• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

Rusty 73

100cc
So when you tighten the four hub bolts there must be some play so you can adjust the centering of the arms:oblong:

Did you rebalance your propellor to help minimize the vibration of that 150 you discussed about !

Looks great Cam , hope you get many flights between those two Carden Aircraft .:way_to_go:

Can explain more on the Airwild adjustable servo arms that can be adjusted to zero. Looked them up but could only find arms that fit a Seiko servo and nothing on. YouTube.

Hello Snoopy,

the Air Wild servo arms, (and I should say, Air Wild sells two different types of arms), one is referred to as MLP, and the other one is called Uni Hub.

The ones I use are Uni Hub.

the hub has an upper and lower arm, that gets screwed to the hub.

there are 3 or 4 different hubs you can purchase:
Futaba Splines
JR Splines
Hitec Splines

and maybe that is it,

each hub has its own spline numbering for the 3 main different types of servos on the market.

Now, before assembling the half arms on the hub, you can rotate the hub, with the servo connected to the receiver, and the power on. Your servo has had no programming from the receiver / transmitter yet, it is a blank slate, and end points are, lets say, 150 both sides, and sub trim is at ZERO.

ok, now, line up the holes (there are 4 on the hub), so that two of them will be oriented on the long length of the servo. you will have 4 opportunities to do this, and one 90 degree turn of the hub, prior to engaging the splines, will end up being perfectly or near perfectly in line.

Now, you can install the servo half arms with your ball link, and all 4 servos (2 per wing) will be perfectly at 90 degrees (the servo arms relative to the servo), and thus, to the hinge line, they will be near perfectly parallel.

I am currently waiting for my turnbuckles, so I can now take a picture to demonstrate, you will see what I mean. Give me a few minutes.

So when you tighten the four hub bolts there must be some play so you can adjust the centering of the arms:oblong:

Nope, not like that, there should be no play between the 4 holes and screws with the half arms.

Did you rebalance your propellor to help minimize the vibration of that 150 you discussed about !

YEs, amazing difference.

Looks great Cam , hope you get many flights between those two Carden Aircraft .:way_to_go:

Thank you sir, I hope so!!

Hello everyone, I will try to give it my best shot in explaining these air wild unihubs.

this is one wing, and two servos will be ganged up on this one side.

I want to attempt to make the best mechanical set up 1st, so that both servos are perpendicular to the servo arms, and form right angle, and then the control horn hole is same distant to hinge line on both, the inboard and the outboard horn.

I also want to make the sub trim on both servos to be zero, although I understand the JR servos are the least linear with regards to movement towards the end point.

IMG_3240.JPG
IMG_3239.JPG

in order to achieve this, the beauty of the air wild Uni Hubs, is, that the hub can be rotated up to 4 times, to get the most perpendicular position of the arm on the servo output shaft.

this is the hub..
IMG_3241.JPG

i only positioned one of the two half arms on there

IMG_3242.JPG

I will mark it

IMG_3243.JPG

I have this servo, and I connected it to a servo tester, and place it so that the output shaft is in middle position. I marked both the hub and the arm
IMG_3244.JPG

rotate 90 degrees, definitely off...
IMG_3245.JPG

rotate another 90 degrees, still off
IMG_3246.JPG

rotate another 90 degrees, I think this one is good...what say you??
IMG_3247.JPG

Rusty 73

100cc
These hubs get the perfect sweet spot between the spline so the arm is 90 degrees to the servo.
If the servo has 23 spline that means there is 15.6 degrees of each spline on the servo which makes these hubs very desirable to centre the arms:oblong:;)

These hubs get the perfect sweet spot between the spline so the arm is 90 degrees to the servo.
If the servo has 23 spline that means there is 15.6 degrees of each spline on the servo which makes these hubs very desirable to centre the arms:oblong:;)
exactly Rusty!!!

this is why I like them, and both servos are at ZERO sub trim.

what ever that means!!!

Rusty 73

100cc
exactly Rusty!!!

this is why I like them, and both servos are at ZERO sub trim.

what ever that means!!!

Like those hubs , even with 22spline is 16.3 degrees even very harder to get true mechanical match...

With you balance the second servo to the first, you won't need to adjust the second servo mechanical to get the same throw .
Even you aileron differential / servo balancing will only need a bit of adjusting if must at all !
:brian-banana:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Hello everyone, I will try to give it my best shot in explaining these air wild unihubs.

this is one wing, and two servos will be ganged up on this one side.

I want to attempt to make the best mechanical set up 1st, so that both servos are perpendicular to the servo arms, and form right angle, and then the control horn hole is same distant to hinge line on both, the inboard and the outboard horn.

I also want to make the sub trim on both servos to be zero, although I understand the JR servos are the least linear with regards to movement towards the end point.

View attachment 93588 View attachment 93589

in order to achieve this, the beauty of the air wild Uni Hubs, is, that the hub can be rotated up to 4 times, to get the most perpendicular position of the arm on the servo output shaft.

this is the hub..
View attachment 93596

i only positioned one of the two half arms on there

View attachment 93595

I will mark it

View attachment 93594

I have this servo, and I connected it to a servo tester, and place it so that the output shaft is in middle position. I marked both the hub and the arm
View attachment 93593

rotate 90 degrees, definitely off...
View attachment 93592

rotate another 90 degrees, still off
View attachment 93591

rotate another 90 degrees, I think this one is good...what say you??
View attachment 93590

Ok I got it now it is the relationship of the four holes to the splines so you have the choice of any of the four holes to get as close as possible. Great like that will have to look in to buying some and playing around with them. It would be interesting to know how repeatedly the four holes are to the spline. Anyway thanks for taking the time to explane that really useful info.