• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

Rusty 73

100cc
The battery packs , I have done this with my batteries is glue a piece of velcro on the bottom of the pack so it can connect with the velcro on the tray .
You probably already done of this , it's just a secondary backup to the velcro wrapped aroung the G10 tray.:cool:

Finally got around to spray the clear coat.

The red/white/blue Carden with the Da 200 is officially ready for maiden.

IMG_3130.JPG
IMG_3129.JPG

These are some final pictures on the build of the Fuselage #1. The airplane is all balanced at 3.75" aft of the LE of the wing tip.

Pictures of the control rods for all the surfaces.

IMG_3150.JPG

the rods are all solid 6-32 rods, with carbon fiber tubes glued over them. Using DUBRO monster ball links for 6-32 screws and the pushrod is also 6-32 thread.
IMG_3151.JPG

ok, this is a unique set up, for this airplane, so that I never lose the elevator leads inside the fuselage. I have made these plug in connections, for both the wings and the stabs. If I go to a contest that is very far, I will not take my trailer (8 MPG, vs 20 MPG with no trailer). SO the airplane will fit in my SUV if I remove the stabs.

these are soldering boards for MPX plugs, the 6 pin versions.
IMG_3143.JPG

First, I solder the pins to the board. I made it so both sides of the board are same direction. I will not be using if for a battery plug, in which case, you would want to flip it. you can see, one side border has + and the other has -.

Trust me on this....
IMG_3144.JPG

here is the back side of it plugged in. I also recommend you solder everything on it, with it plugged in, so that the pins do not melt in the plastic. also, to assure the polarity of the leads is correct.

IMG_3145.JPG

Here it is unplugged.
IMG_3146.JPG

Now, I have soldered the servo leads. this plug is for a single servo, but it has total of 6 pins. I wanted to use 2 pins per lead, to increase the current flow, and decrease resistance. (redundancy)

I have soldered one wire to two pads on the board.

Before going any further, I tested this, before plugging in one of the high dollars servos.

1st, I brought out my current tester, and used the resistance option, placed one probe on one solder pad, then went to other side, and assured it only had current flow into the other side of the plug's corresponding color lead. After doing this, all was good. I checked everything both ways and more than once.

IMG_3147.JPG
IMG_3148.JPG

Then, I connected the old servo tester.. using an old servo, and a LIFE battery, I ran it, and checked it, and all was good:

following this, I then covered everything using the shrink tubing, and now, time to install.

IMG_3157.JPG

The female plug gets installed into the tail of the fuselage.

IMG_3152.JPG

the stab is brought onto the fuselage,
IMG_3153.JPG

I plug the servo lead in....
IMG_3154.JPG

Push the stab all the way in,,,

IMG_3155.JPG

And now, it is ready to fix the stab to the fuselage side with 2 screws, 6-32.

IMG_3156.JPG

After this, I have turned on the radio, and sure enough, no funny burnt smell!!! LOL!! We've all been there. Well, that did not happen. Everything worked!!

She is ready now. Time to work on the orange and white one and finish her off.

I also need to start practicing my routine. Time is of the essence now.

TonyHallo

150cc
I'm not sure why you added the JR plugs? Two additional points of high resistance and possible failure. I would make the servo leads long enough to solder the MX plug as well the wires in the fuselage that go to the power box.

I'm not sure why you added the JR plugs? Two additional points of high resistance and possible failure. I would make the servo leads long enough to solder the MX plug as well the wires in the fuselage that go to the power box.

Thank you Tony, that is a good idea. I will fix that.

Thank you again.

Robotech

70cc twin V2
Thank you Tony, that is a good idea. I will fix that.

Thank you again.
Just a thought. I would consider keeping the female JR connector. If you lose a servo at a contest, it would make a needed servo change easier and quicker. Unless you plan to have a pre-soldered replacement servo in your box.