• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

Just installed the rudder and the elevator servos. Using these Air Wild arms made it very easy. Basically, rotate the hub 90 degrees at a time, until the arm is at exactly 90 degrees, and with the transmitter center set at ZERO for both right and left stab. Then, connect the linkage and mechanically match both the elevators using a laser light.

IMG_3205.JPG
IMG_3204.JPG
IMG_3203.JPG
IMG_3202.JPG

Looking good. I love the idea of the laser level for setting up control surfaces. Ill be buying one when its time to set my wing/stab tube supports in the fuse. Glad to know there are more uses.

You can also use them when it is time to glue the wing and stab tube phenolics. That way you can make sure that both are parallel when looking from behind. And, also when the time comes to glue on the fin, to make sure it is perpendicular to the wing tube and stab tube.

IMG_2282.JPG
IMG_2283.JPG
IMG_2284.JPG

Just installed the aileron servos, and now waiting on the turnbuckles. Should be here in few days. they are 3.5 mm diameter and 2.5" length, from the car side of the hobby. After that, I think the build thread comes to a close. I will post pictures of both airplanes at the field, and hopefully someone can film the maiden of both of them. I have turned on both of the airplanes motors, and the 150 shakes considerably more than the 200. Just an observation, which I always knew, but is apparent with this build. I will also check the balance on the prop on the 150, just in case it is off.

Hello Al,
it is a Bosch level, cost me about 130 dollars at Home Depot, and it is well worth the money.

GCL_2160_Hero_with_Lasers_500x700.png

On the bottom of it, it has a threaded port, just like a camera would, so it will fit on top of most camera tripods.

SO i use my camera tripod with it, and the laser level inside has a level system, so the lines are true to the surface of the ground. In my shop, based on this laser level, my floor is off!! LOL!!

I have known this, since it was constructed, being that my back yard has about a 3 degree downward slope, and also from left to right, it has a downward slope. the Builder did the best he could do, to make sure the floor would be level, but it is slightly off, and this is very common in Louisiana, since we are on top of clay earth.

Almost ready, just saw the tracking, and the turnbuckles arrive on thursday. Otherwise, this bad boy is done!

on the wings, I have set all the servos to have center sub trim of ZERO, and using the AIRWILD arms, i have made them, so they are all perpendicular at mid stick, without requiring any servo trim. SO, so far, we should be able to get a real good mechanical set up.

Also, the horns that enter the inner of the two, I made it, so it will enter the surface deeper by 2 mm, that way, the holes on the horns should be equidistant from the hinge line, as the surface is thicker in the root, compared to tip.

IMG_3234.JPG

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Just installed the aileron servos, and now waiting on the turnbuckles. Should be here in few days. they are 3.5 mm diameter and 2.5" length, from the car side of the hobby. After that, I think the build thread comes to a close. I will post pictures of both airplanes at the field, and hopefully someone can film the maiden of both of them. I have turned on both of the airplanes motors, and the 150 shakes considerably more than the 200. Just an observation, which I always knew, but is apparent with this build. I will also check the balance on the prop on the 150, just in case it is off.

Can explain more on the Airwild adjustable servo arms that can be adjusted to zero. Looked them up but could only find arms that fit a Seiko servo and nothing on. YouTube.