• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

Seriously? You built some sweet birds and have never flown one. I love my Carden Edge. The Extra flies well too. Hopefully someday I'll get a chance to fly this model as well.

This is what I call an Expensive Experiment!
I am a Dalton Guy. I love Daltons!! I have built 4 Daltons, and really like them. I Have two of them, one of them was a 300SP, that was my favorite, only had 17 flights, and I lost it due to the fuel line splitting. and the 4th one, was another ML that I built for a friend. He has since sold it to a youth pilot, whom is an up and coming champion, so I hope he takes full advantage of it.

this is the 1st one I ever built, still have it. Has over 400 flights.

dalton 300 ML sherman.jpeg

300 ML 3.jpeg

this is the second one I have ever built, the Yak. (Still have it).

dalton yak MS.jpeg

I let Primo fly it at the 2016 Mid MS IMAC contest... (call me crazy!!!)

Dalton Yak MS 2.jpeg

Here is the one I built for a friend, and since then, he sold it to someone else....

Brian Dalton.jpeg

that was at Clover Creek....

brian Dalton 300 ml.jpeg

And this was the last one I built, the 300 SP, which was not trimmed out, but I believe flew better than the ML...

Dalton 300 SP.jpeg

But I have been hearing so much about Cardens, I said, let me see what it is all about.

Thank you for the well wishes. I will definite post pictures and videos, and flight report, when that day comes.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Will it is time to fly. Existing and scary. Followed you through the build and it was great. You done an excellent job so you should not have any thing to worry about. The plane will fly on rails. The thing that could be a problem is your nerves. The one thing I have learnt over the years in the hobby if at the field and you not ready don't fly take it home go another day. Do not let anybody push you into flying.

Airplane is now 100% ready. CG is perfect, did the fail safe programming, tested it, then did range test. Applied last graphics! But, since the transmitter is new, I am thinking, I better not fly either of those two brand new airplanes on it.

I think I need to go get a small airplane to test the transmitter with 1st.

SO no maiden anytime soon.

DO not want to risk it.

IMG_3263.JPG

Cam,

Have a great weekend. I hope you get the chance to enjoy your new planes!!

Al

Oh yeah, I forgot, YOU LET PRIMO FLY IT!!!!! you are crazy!:spongebob:

Thank you

Al, I need your help. I am building a P51 mustang, (actually, started building it in 2013!! Still not finished). I have handed it over to a club pal, and he will finish it off. We will be installing a DA 60 in her, and I have delivered the motor to him today.

DO you have the ability to make any specialty muffler for this motor / airplane combo?

it is a Gold Edition Giant Top Flite P51, and we are going to make it into a Reno racer.

He already chopped the bottom off!!!

will look something like this....

01-177-Galloping Ghost-0078.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Airplane is now 100% ready. CG is perfect, did the fail safe programming, tested it, then did range test. Applied last graphics! But, since the transmitter is new, I am thinking, I better not fly either of those two brand new airplanes on it.

I think I need to go get a small airplane to test the transmitter with 1st.

SO no maiden anytime soon.

DO not want to risk it.

View attachment 93650
Two years ago I built a small plane just for testing. Anything new go into and test plane and flown for 5 or 6 flights and then into the good stuff. And if I have anything suspicious happens during a flight it goes into the test plane until it is figured out. Best thing I have ever done.

Two years ago I built a small plane just for testing. Anything new go into and test plane and flown for 5 or 6 flights and then into the good stuff. And if I have anything suspicious happens during a flight it goes into the test plane until it is figured out. Best thing I have ever done.

Is it an electric airplane, or gasser?