• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Article: 65 Vyper Review

joshgluck

100cc
On 6s what's the pack of choice? Plane came with two gens ace 6s5500 25c. I went to EP buddy and they are out of stock on their 5300 and only have 4400 in.

Ideas? Thanks

SnowDog

I saw xsubsailor fly his Vyper yesterday and now I want one. BAD! It looked SO locked-in in all maneuvers. WANT!!!!!!!!

On 6s what's the pack of choice? Plane came with two gens ace 6s5500 25c. I went to EP buddy and they are out of stock on their 5300 and only have 4400 in.

Ideas? Thanks

Wow...just did some looking...6s5000's are hard to find right now!

Found some here:

http://www.valuehobby.com/power-systems/lipo-batteries/gforce-elite-60c-5000mah-6s-bullet.html

but they are not cheap...of course, they are 60C. The 30C and 40C variants are out of stock. :facepalm:

I've got quite a few Gforce batteries and they work very well for me. Not sure about the 60C variant (don't have any myself), but given the limited supply of 6S5000's in stock on the web right now....

You could always wire up two 6S2500's if you can find those in stock, using a parallel adapter such as this one: http://www.valuehobby.com/accessori...ires/t-connector-2-to-1-adapter-parallel.html

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2

Ideas? Thanks

i think you could balance with anything between 6s3600 and 6s5500. i think the 4400 packs will be perfect. they will sacrafice a bit on flight time, but weight wise they will be great

rcbirk, what arms did you use on your servos?

i think i am using the savox arms, but let me check

Manta

70cc twin V2
I just ordered me some of those custom CMALA standoffs for my vyper this morning. WOOT! It was your review here that turned me on to them thanks buddy.

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
I just ordered me some of those custom CMALA standoffs for my vyper this morning. WOOT! It was your review here that turned me on to them thanks buddy.

glad to help :D they came out beautiful, and the size was absolutely perfect (thanks again snowdog and gyro!) and having them tapped just made it as good as it gets. there is just something great about not having to find the right size screw for the standoff and just using whatever i have haha

joshgluck

100cc
glad to help :D they came out beautiful, and the size was absolutely perfect (thanks again snowdog and gyro!) and having them tapped just made it as good as it gets. there is just something great about not having to find the right size screw for the standoff and just using whatever i have haha

Yeah.. I know that first hand.. Gary and Snow were really helpful when I was mounting the motrofly on my edge.. Lowes and HD not so much

joshgluck

100cc
i think you could balance with anything between 6s3600 and 6s5500. i think the 4400 packs will be perfect. they will sacrafice a bit on flight time, but weight wise they will be great

i think i am using the savox arms, but let me check

Thanks guys...

I was thinking of two 3300mah since that's what's in the edge only problem is they are out too... Meh

gyro

GSN Contributor
I just got off the phone with Dale, and he mentioned having some new stuff arriving soon. Maybe you should send him an email or give him a call at the number on his website and find out how long you'll be waiting if you want to order from him.
It may be better than a compromise, to just wait a little while if they'll restock soon.