• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Article: 65 Vyper Review

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
i thought about it, but my last vyper had the same motrolfly in it with no problems, but it never hurts to add ducting! im also not very hard on my motors

Manta

70cc twin V2
holy crap that yellow black looks good.. motivation to assemble mine!! Motor should be here by middle of next week.:) 4320-450 ayup

rcbirk21

70cc twin V2
holy crap that yellow black looks good.. motivation to assemble mine!! Motor should be here by middle of next week.:) 4320-450 ayup

its such a great setup for this plane. ive got a mejzlik 18x8e im going to slap on for the next flights :D:D:D

njswede

150cc
I saw xsubsailor fly his Vyper yesterday and now I want one. BAD! It looked SO locked-in in all maneuvers. WANT!!!!!!!!

rc - Thanks for a great first installment. I want to second the notion of putting overkill servos in a plane you really care about. I think that investment in that area really pays off, particularly for the centering precision of more expensive servos. Too many times, I see people comparing only torque and speed (which are not even accurate numbers advertised for a lot of cheap servos) and leaving out centering, which is vital to how the airplane feels.

what do you think of the 985MG's? I could be talked into an upgrade .... my V2 Vyper has the 4325-450 and 18 x 10. I only have a few flights - but now that flying season is back I can't wait to wring t out.

Manta

70cc twin V2
personally I like the 985s. Thats what ive been flying in my 71 slick,and what i had in my other vyper. Ill be pulling the 985s in my 71 slick for my new 65 vyper this week,and putting 7955s in the 71 for some 8.0v goodness just to play with. I think the digital ones may center a bit more or be more prescise? But I was very happy with mine. Theyve been bulletproof too for me. All 3 sets that I've had

Brill

30cc
Man I really need to get another 65" Vyper!!! Mine didn't survive very long, but it sure was fun!

brill