• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Article: 65 Vyper Review

Manta

70cc twin V2
Vyper!!

IMG_1718.jpgIMG_1719.jpgSo couldnt sleep last night so started assembly. Before I knew it the tail feathers were on. I really,really like this new yellow and black and silver scheme. I didnt think i would as much as the red,but I really do. The all black rudder just pops!
Anywho,wont be but a few more hours of play and this bird will be ready for the air.

:banana:

Last edited by a moderator:

Manta

70cc twin V2
P.S.,my first 65 vyper was assembled in my camper at Hodges Hobbies so I figure it was fitting this one be too.:)

joshgluck

100cc
Picking one of these up used tomorrow.. Looking forward to it.. Question anyone else running the min spec servo with 130 oz torque? The one I'm picking up has savox 1258tg all around. I looked up the specs on the 2271s above and almost fell out the chair when I saw 400+ oz torque.. Worried

gyro

GSN Contributor
Picking one of these up used tomorrow.. Looking forward to it.. Question anyone else running the min spec servo with 130 oz torque? The one I'm picking up has savox 1258tg all around. I looked up the specs on the 2271s above and almost fell out the chair when I saw 400+ oz torque.. Worried

Savox 1258tg = Align DS610 which is what I had on my 65" Vyper. I also have the same servos on my 71" Slick and 70" Velox. They're perfect for the Vyper

joshgluck

100cc
Savox 1258tg = Align DS610 which is what I had on my 65" Vyper. I also have the same servos on my 71" Slick and 70" Velox. They're perfect for the Vyper

Thx Gary - good to hear.. Just curious why they also spec the 2271 and hitec equivalents for this plane.. I've seen video of it with the 1258s and it looks great. Can't imagine what it flies like with that much torque.

SnowDog

Thx Gary - good to hear.. Just curious why they also spec the 2271 and hitec equivalents for this plane.. I've seen video of it with the 1258s and it looks great. Can't imagine what it flies like with that much torque.

Josh, where did you see the 2271 specified? I don't see it on the 65" Vyper page on 3DHS. My 65" Vyper flies just great on Power HD 1501's (215oz/in)...certainly not top of the line, but I had them around and decided to try them out.

Anyone running 400oz/in servos in this plane is way overkill...really a waste, I think. You are going to LOVE this plane; I'm excited to hear what you think after you fly it! I love my 65" Vyper!

joshgluck

100cc
Josh, where did you see the 2271 specified? I don't see it on the 65" Vyper page on 3DHS. My 65" Vyper flies just great on Power HD 1501's (215oz/in)...certainly not top of the line, but I had them around and decided to try them out.

Anyone running 400oz/in servos in this plane is way overkill...really a waste, I think. You are going to LOVE this plane; I'm excited to hear what you think after you fly it! I love my 65" Vyper!

My bad snow, I wasn't clear. 3dhs specs an equivalent hitec on their page. Erics review above is with the savox 2271 which are on par with the hitecs that have 400+oz.

This one has 1288tg in it which rank in with approx 130oz. . The 1258s are the best servos I've ever had in a plane and from what others have said and the videos I've seen they are amazing. I was just curious what the impact would be with 300 more oz of torque. And or how the spec can vary that much.

uploadfromtaptalk1365430466245.jpg

Here it is in the back of the truck after picking up.. Can't wait to get it in the air.

djmoose

70cc twin V2
Two quick build notes:

1. The control horns for the rudder are shorter then the other horns. Make sure to open the correct bag of parts. (the rudder bag has the pull pull items in there)
2. The elevator joiner is beveled as well, so it in fact goes in a particular way. I went to glue mine in and noticed I had it in upside down.

Just some notes to be aware of.

Manta

70cc twin V2
Two quick build notes:

1. The control horns for the rudder are shorter then the other horns. Make sure to open the correct bag of parts. (the rudder bag has the pull pull items in there)
2. The elevator joiner is beveled as well, so it in fact goes in a particular way. I went to glue mine in and noticed I had it in upside down.

Just some notes to be aware of.

2 very good notes.. ( i too glued the joiner in bass ackereds as well) Was able to rectumI it before the epoxy dried tho. Evil Knievel caught it.Whew.
And I think im gonna throw the rudder servo in the rear. Supposed to be a rod in the box for that. ive not looked for it yet.:)

SnowDog

I saw xsubsailor fly his Vyper yesterday and now I want one. BAD! It looked SO locked-in in all maneuvers. WANT!!!!!!!!

You're starting to sound like me

Ha! for once, I've got you two beat! Well, at least right now. Gary might have had his first (slower) red one before I got mine, but I've still got mine, and he doesn't, so... :)

Pontus, they fly even better than they look!