• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Aerobeez "BANSHEE" 91" Slick build

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Sort of does eh? I'd imagine a lot of these Slicks out there share similar designs. I've not personally seen any with as much carbon as this one though.

No work on the airplane tonight, it's been a freaking long day, and a loooooooooooooong work week.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Dang.... I do like this. WOW! I still have my 3dub 70 twin that is homeless. Hmmm.....I can't wait to see how yours comes out with the DA, Tanner. Will be watching closely.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Only the best equipment :cool:

20160114_131048.jpg

Can cross a few items off my list now.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Didn't know 3W had a 70 twin.... Probably double the cost of a DA though...
It's an older motor, but a good one all the same. It's a little over 10 years old I think. My buddy out here bought it new, went off to Afghanistan, came home late last year...put it on a really old..."HEAVY" airframe. I think it tipped the scales around 30 pounds. For a 33%, that's pretty tankish. He did just cuz he didn't have anything else put together at the time. It flew pretty good... just heavy as :dancing-poop:. He yanked the 3dub, gave it to me and said Merry Christmas. Lol.
Hey @stangflyer , if the plane is set up for a DA70, your 3W will yank it around like a rag doll, you know that. . . . . . :yesss: But wait a minute, don't you have a BIG Yak you're supposed to be playing with? . . . . . :laughing:
Yes, as a matter of fact...off work early today with a three day weekend to boot. Plan on canopy/hatch work, belly vent work, landing gear install with new spats. Connect the tail wheel, and program all control surfaces. That will leave...mmm, hmm.., pretty much nothing left to do. Oh wait...we still need a red head up front right @David Cokley? Yup...that will be the final phase. :brian-banana:
Wow, can't believe it's almost done.
I would love to give the Aero-bees a shot...but it sounds like my buddy has a brand new in the box 30% Pilot Yak 54. I fig-er if I gots a really big un with a four cylinder red head, a smaller one with a silver head could be fun too...right? Hmm...30% Pilot Yak and 3w 70 twin. Oh what fun this could be.:yesss: