• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Aerobeez "BANSHEE" 91" Slick build

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I should note just how THICK the spars are. Should hold up to aggressive 3DXA types of flight without issue:
_MG_5496.JPG
_MG_5497.JPG

Elevator/horizontal stabs:
_MG_5501.JPG

The mounting sides are reinforced with more carbon!
_MG_5502.JPG

Rudder:
_MG_5499.JPG
_MG_5498.JPG

Wheel pants and cuffs are made from fiberglass and are painted to match:
_MG_5503.JPG

Inside the pants is a pre-installed mounting plate with blind nuts:
_MG_5504.JPG

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
SFG's are also covered to match:
_MG_5505.JPG

A very comprehensive hardware package is included, and is VERY high quality.

Canister mounts and engine drilling templates:
_MG_5507.JPG

Aileron hardware kit:
_MG_5508.JPG

Elevator hardware kit:
_MG_5510.JPG

Rudder hardware kit:
_MG_5511.JPG

High quality tail wheel with tiller spring:
_MG_5512.JPG

It is made from high quality carbon fiber and aluminum, the wheel is a high quality rubber with aluminum hub.

High quality axles and mounting hardware:
_MG_5509.JPG

Misc. hardware:
_MG_5513.JPG

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Really high quality rubber wheels with aluminum hubs:
_MG_5518.JPG

The wheels are replaceable!

Carbon main gear:
_MG_5520.JPG

Fourtitude style fuel tank already assembled with mounting foam:
_MG_5514.JPG

Velcro package:
_MG_5517.JPG

Rudder hinge wire and what I believe is the throttle linkage:
_MG_5516.JPG

Last but not least, some sticker graphics and several sheets of spare covering for goofs:
_MG_5515.JPG

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Initial impressions with the kit:

-HUGE leaps and bounds improvement from their previous kits, tons of high quality hardware included, very extensive
-Vibrant color scheme, should have no issues seeing this in the air (not that I fly high enough anyways..)
-Extremely well packed in the box
-Initial inspection of parts fit is superb, will need to get into it more to find out everything else
-Improved landing gear assembly and fuel tank is a very welcome surprise

Some other notes that some may want to take:

-Always go over the covering BEFORE you begin to assemble the airplane. No airplane is impervious to the huge climate changes that the containers go through when being shipped here so always iron everything down to be certain. I'm never worried about wrinkles on an airplane fresh out of the box, that's totally normal no matter who you buy from.

-Always double check parts fit and finish before assembling so you can tweak and correct any minor problems you come across. Sofar, my kit seems to be immaculate, aside from maybe some adhesive I need to wipe off from misc. parts taped in place

-Always check your hardware package, you can compare it to mine if you would like. My kit is very complete.

-I always go over all of the plywood to plywood glue joints with thin CA to ensure the wood is sufficiently bonded. It's not really necessary, but it gives you an added measure of security and peace of mind before you start assembling your airplane and put components over areas that can't be reached. I may also brush some thinned epoxy on over the entire motor box assembly to completely fuel proof it.

That's all for now...

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I had the thought of running a ZDZ90 in there too.... But some homework will need to be done first, and flying one of our team members.