• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Aerobeez "BANSHEE" 91" Slick build

ryan_m

100cc
after a day of flying? I generally see about 250 mah per 9 minute flight on a 50-60cc bird. That is with ignition powered by a tech-aero on the same packs as the rx uses, so 6 digital servos and ignition. For me an afternoon of flying is generally 4-6 flights on the plane, and so I see around 1000-1400 mah go back into the packs. Only 200-250 mah into each pack after a day? How many flights are you getting?

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Yes separate ignition pack, I like to have a dedicated power source for the ignition. The PowerExpander just allows me to use sbus style receivers for added redundancy since it switches between the receivers if it sees a lapse in signal from one for whatever reason.

The Hitec Brushless servos are so efficient in their operation that the current draw is very minimal. My ignition for the DA70 eats up more power than 6 HSB servos do. In 8 flights worth, I may only use about 500mah from each pack whereas I'm closer to 1000mah on the ignition pack.