• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Aerobeez "BANSHEE" 91" Slick build

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I saw it in person at the AMA Expo and refused to leave without one. It's so freaking cool looking!!

image.php

This is a list of the equipment I am going to use. Need to purchase most of it, some of it I have on hand already.

Guidance by the fabulous Hitec Aurora 9X
-Desert Aircraft DA70, x1
-Falcon 24x9 propeller, x1

-4" spinner, red to match, x1
-Fromeco Sahara 6.0v regulator, x1
-Fromeco Wolverine switch, x1
-Fromeco Badger switch, x1

-Thunder Power 2s 1900 RX pack, x3
-Hitec HSB-9485SH servo, x5
-Hitec HSB-9465SH servo, x1
-Hitec Maxima 6 receiver, x2
-Hitec 36" HD Twisted extension, x2
-Hitec 12" HD Twisted extension, x4
-SWB 1.5" Futaba spline arm, x4
-SWB 1" Futaba spline arm, x1
-SWB 4" offset Futaba spline arm, x1
-Secraft easy couplers, x1

-Secraft wing bolts, x1

The airplane itself includes some really high quality gear already in the box, such as aluminum hub wheels with replaceable rubber, high quality tail wheel, high quality linkages and hinges, and of course lots of awesome shiny carbon throughout the airplane to keep it LIGHT and STRONG. Another welcome surprise is a Fourtitude-style fuel tank, completely plumbed and ready to be installed. Sofar the other Aerobeez team guys are loving the way it flies, I'm excited. Also, the airplane is HUGE!! It looks bigger than any other 91" out there!

Anyways, onward with the build! I only managed to get the lid off the box last night- these come in a super heavy duty box with THICK and strong 1/2" cardboard (I thought it was plywood at first).

20160111_070557.jpg

More tomorrow...

Last edited:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Tomorrow night I will start to pull everything out of the box and get it all spread out for pictures, then it's onward with the build.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Pictures and videos do not do this airplane justice, it really POPS in person and in the sky.

Almost out of work for the day, which means it's almost time to get to building!

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Here we go!!!

The first several posts will just be a detailed photo log of all of the parts included in the box. Everything comes wrapped in plastic and is well protected and secured inside against damage. The box itself is 1/2" THICK cardboard that has the same rigidity as plywood, without the weight.

The fuselage in all its glory:
_MG_5453.JPG

Looking down the tail. There is a tube already pre-installed for running wires through, with a pull string inside.
_MG_5460.JPG

The stringers are reinforced with carbon fiber.
_MG_5463.JPG

Rudder tray with several locations for mounting equipment:
_MG_5465.JPG

Fuel tank tray:
_MG_5466.JPG

Motor box is reinforced with more carbon hotness:
_MG_5455.JPG

Inside you will find aluminum reinforcement brackets already pre-installed:
_MG_5457.JPG

I should note that the motor box is fully built out of the box, thrust alignments already built in!

One more looking forward:
_MG_5468.JPG

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
The fuselage also already has a canister tunnel built in:
_MG_5469.JPG

I will be going with mufflers, so I will not need to utilize it.

On the bottom of the fuselage, you will find several plates with cutouts in them to allow hot air out:
_MG_5470.JPG

These are completely matched to the covering scheme as well. Also pictured is the main gear cover plate.

The gear mount itself is reinforced with carbon to make this area super strong and robust:
_MG_5471.JPG

Cowl is painted to match, and does so perfectly:
_MG_5480.JPG

Cowl ring already in place:
_MG_5483.JPG

Canopy comes with a laser engraving with the Aerobeez logo:
_MG_5472.JPG

This is also an access plate if you want to mount a pilot inside.

Canopy is secured with thumb screws:
_MG_5473.JPG

Fuselage is super tall, measuring 16" on its own!
_MG_5479.JPG

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
The cowl has built in thrust alignments as well to make the airplane look more realistic (may be difficult to picture):
_MG_5484.JPG

Onto the wing panels:
_MG_5486.JPG
_MG_5489.JPG
_MG_5493.JPG
_MG_5494.JPG

The control surfaces come dry-fitted in place using a couple of hinges, you will need to glue them all in- slots are cut.

Inside the wing panels you will find pull string already in place to help pull the wires through:
_MG_5490.JPG

Carbon anti-rotation pins:
_MG_5492.JPG

Wing/stab spars:
_MG_5495.JPG