• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 70″ Slick PRO Step By Step Build Guide

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Good to know bro. :)

Just can't quite bring myself to spend the $1395 for the DS-16 yet. I could buy one of my dream planes with that kind of money. See my Sig. The only other thing is I have never held one in my hands either. How comfortable is it?

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Well I kinda do need to because that is the one I want. :) I do like the fact that with the 14 you can add what you want as you go. I will probably eventually get one, but first I have other things higher on my list is all.

Capture.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Well I kinda do need to because that is the one I want. :) I do like the fact that with the 14 you can add what you want as you go. I will probably eventually get one, but first I have other things higher on my list is all.
[MENTION=3728]Bushwacker[/MENTION], the DS-14 has most of the features one would ever need. The deal breaker for me was the plastic gimbals. The DS-16 has 100% CNC machined aluminum gimbals, they will not break! Speaking of gimbals they are buttery smooth, feels so great when flying.

I bought mine used on the RC Groups, I had never held one before. When I got it I was shocked at how comfortable it was. I'm a pinch flyer so I was a little worried about it, but it feels very natural, it's also about quarter inch thinner which also feels nice. I was kind of relying on the fact that Joe Smith flies Jeti and is a pinch flyer so it had to be comfortable.

I see the Jeti as an aspiration radio, it's not needed but at some point in your flying career it's a nice luxury to own. Gets you attention at the field too :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
You are right on point about how I feel towards this TX and as you said the gimbals too. Also the buttons & knobs. My knob has to be strong especially at my age :thumbup:

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Another cool thing about Jeit is it's really easy to upgrade when new software updates come available, it uses an SD card for memory so when you plug it into the computer it sees it as a drive you can open as a folder, just drag the software into the folder and it will update. All the switches are customizable as well, you can add switches move them around, install extra 3 position, locking switches or spring switches. It really is a brilliant product, the engineers were thinking outside the box. And don't forget the rock solid two way radio link, with endless telemetry units to choose from.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
I was able to get a 6 month old DS-16 for $1100, it's like new, wasn't even a scratch on it. If you are in the market for a Jeti check the classified, there were two for sale when I bought mine. Most will never part with them but you never know. Also the color version is coming out this year, when that hits the market I'm sure you will see plenty of radios for sale as the current Jeti pilots will be wanting to upgrade.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Definitely pro's at derailing threads ;)

I flew the Slick today with the new Thunder Power pack. I only managed 2 flights on it, and TP advises not going below ~50% for the first handful of flights, but already I can tell this pack is going to be killer. It had so much power in the air, and zero power loss towards the end of my flight. Will have to get it broken in soon and see how it really handles the current loads towards the low end of the charge. I can tell after only a few minutes that the Zippy's are sagging though, this pack did not.

Comparing the TP to the Zippy, the Zippy's are about 805 grams whereas the TP clocks in at 773g. It's lighter by about 1.3 oz! And I can feel the airplane is a bit lighter too. Looking forward to an awesome summer of flying with this airplane. Today was a very poor day for video, but tomorrow looks more promising.