• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 70″ Slick PRO Step By Step Build Guide

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
LOL well the scars have to be in the right place....

If it were me bud I would only fly about half the time on those packs for the first half dozen flights or so to break them in. Makes a difference...

3.82v/cell is essentially Storage charge, which is in the realms of being 1/2 way charged.

Would of liked to watch some vid of you tail draggin that Slick though dang it.

The photographer apparently didn't get the memo that she's supposed to be rolling media whenever I'm flying ;)

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Yes 3.86 is right...but I've also been taught it's not just the voltage it's time on packs as well my friend. Even though lipo's are not susceptible to memory. So does this personal photographer of yours happen to be the wife, daughter or GF? :beatingheart:. Previous videos Ive seen have been really good. Maybe she can give my son some pointers. LOL

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Yes 3.86 is right...but I've also been taught it's not just the voltage it's time on packs as well my friend. Even though lipo's are not susceptible to memory.

In all honesty, it's not really a huge ordeal. The instructions I was given directly from TP were to charge it at 2C or less and don't discharge lower than 3.8v/cell- each for the first 5 cycles. After that I'm golden.

So does this personal photographer of yours happen to be the wife, daughter or GF? :beatingheart:. Previous videos Ive seen have been really good. Maybe she can give my son some pointers. LOL

Neither, but thanks for inquiring. She learned how to do aircraft media from me.

Rule #1: always use manual focus- auto is just too slow
Rule #2: prepare your shot- focus the camera in the field you think your shot will be
Rule #3: Use a higher frame rate (~160) and a low ISO (~200), I leave F.stop on auto
Rule #4: always hold down the shutter button!!!

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Loving the way this TP battery performs. ZERO fade throughout my flight, always comes down perfectly balanced, gobs of power when I punch out. Will definitely start phasing out my zippy packs for these guys. And I love being able to charge them in 10 minutes!!!

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Got a set for my Trex 700 that Heli was a beast on Pulse 65C 5000's Freaking thing is Supper Beast on Steroids now. Very happy with these new packs for sure. Im going to follow suit with ya and start phasing out my old TP packs, it's time anyway there getting pretty old.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
The way I see it, I'd rather spend the coin on the good batteries because I know they will outlast and outperform the less expensive batteries. With a better battery comes better matches cells, longer lifespan, better performance, better weight, and better manufacturer support.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
True enough kind of a no brainier really, but you have to consider those who don't have deep pockets. Lets face it dude those batteries are expensive. I will say though it is one of those times where you get what you pay for and I could not be happier.