• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 70″ Slick PRO Step By Step Build Guide

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
No classifieds on RC Groups, it's a much larger forum. Just used search term Jeti when looking for radios, or DS-16 if that's the one you want. When I bought mine there was at least one DS-14 for sale as well.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
[MENTION=2902]Bloosee[/MENTION] didn't you get a mezon for you Slick Pro? I did, got the 90. Im setting it up right now and have a question or two. Im at the point where you set the Max Batt Capacity then on to capacity alarm. So my question is because this is a 12S system do I set the max cap to say 3300mah or double it up because there are two running in series? Also not sure what I would set the alarm to.

I listed 3300's because I'll probably never go over that even though I could go up to 4000 according to Ken.

Thanks much

Bush

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
[MENTION=3728]Bushwacker[/MENTION] when you run in series you double voltage but not capacity. You should set it to the capacity of a single battery which is what it sounds like you did ;)

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
[MENTION=3728]Bushwacker[/MENTION], I'm not actually sure, I set up a Mezon 6 months ago for my 71 Extra but I had a single 6S pack and honestly forgot what I did. And I haven't set up the ESC for my Slick yet. I watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fERTLX-rY7A and it helped a lot, you can also call Esprit Model, they actually pick up their phones, they are more than happy to help. If you send a support email they will get right back to you as well. If you call Esprit keep in mind they are available 9-5 EST, which is rather inconvenient for us west coasters.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Thanks alot guys much appreciated. So it was what I thought. I just need to figure out what to set the Capacity Alarm to. Not even sure what that would be. Guess I'll just run a few flights and see how low I get the batt's on average and set it to some value that I think would be to low before it flags it. Don't think there is a set value to go by, that I know of anyway.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
[video=youtube;-nhbSeNE7Lg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nhbSeNE7Lg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Windy day, about 15 down the runway! Doesn't really bother me though, just more fun to play in.

Comfortably getting 6 minutes of hucking in. May extend that to 6:30 since my packs are coming down around 3.78v/cell.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Nice hucking on a windy day. You are getting really good flight times from those 5000 packs, that is impressive.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
[video=youtube;G0n65hQG0kY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0n65hQG0kY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Video #2!!!!!