• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 70″ Slick PRO Step By Step Build Guide

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
How long will the geotextile material last? It does look really good :)

Something like 10 years before the weather starts to beat on it. Our club president has all of the hookups on any landscaping materials so the cost was justified.

That would be paradise for me too. I bet you guys even have a some sort of sound system don't ya?

Well the club president has a sound system in his trailer ;) We don't keep anything valuable at the field as the homeless tend to find their way up there and steal stuff. We are pushing it with our anemometers.

Wonder if that better pilot could still land a jet on that smaller runway or a heavy plane like a scale B-52 or something like that? :p
Don't know man think I would like having the extra room. If I was to add anything I think I would maybe put a nice BBQ pit on the side there.

The geotextile is not resistant to the heat from jet blast, it would melt.

Also we can't have any open flames, not even for cooking, as per the county's rules. It sucks cause we'd love to do cookouts up there but we don't want to push anything with the county.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Yeah I wouldn't do anything to jeopardize that sweet field either. Okay back on topic I guess. Maybe move the last few posts to a different board, what do you say Admin?????

I offer my apologies as well for going off topic.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Attachments

• 20150608_114520.jpeg
    20150608_114520.jpeg
    817.1 KB · Views: 154

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Yeah me too. Only I think you got those confused with the Magna Series. I been looking at those myself. So let us know what you think.

Quote:
Got my new Thunder Power LIGHTNING series 55C 6s 5000 pack in yesterday, can't wait to go out and get this sucker in the airplane, see what it can do...

If this thing performs awesome I'm going to get more of them. Will be real nice being able to charge them at 12C!!!!!!!!!!!!! May need a 5000w generator and a couple more chargers and power supplies
End Quote:

Magna:$246.99
Specifications:
5000mAh 6-Cell/6S 22.2V Magna Series 70C LiPo, Split w/Interconnect

Max Charge: 12C
Max Charge Current: 60A
Max Cont. Discharge: 70C
Max Cont. Current: 350A
Max Burst: 140C
Max Burst Current: 700A
Weight (g): 796
Dimensions (mm): 49 x 46 x 156

Lightning Series:$167.99

5000mAh 6-Cell/6S 22.2V Lightning Series 55C LiPo, Split w/Interconnect
Specifications:
Max Charge: 8C
Max Charge Current: 40A
Max Cont. Discharge: 55C
Max Cont. Current: 275A
Max Burst: 100C
Max Burst Current: 550A
Weight (g): 782
Dimensions (mm): 47 x 46 x 154

Hey Admin could you please start a sub for all these off topic threads?

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
It actually says on the pack that it is capable of 12C max charge rates. Not that I really have the power to charge it at 60 amps :eek: but I can still do 6C. Which by my calculations, will take 15-20 minutes to charge. I have a feeling I may be spoiled by the power this pack puts out... Might have to change to all Thunder Power..

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Final weigh in...

773 grams! So it's under TP's weight rating. Not sure what my Zippy packs weigh, will have to pull them out tomorrow and check.

The cost to me is justified due to their performance alone. Never have I heard from any of my friends that they perform as good or at average to other brands, they are always above the curve. And as you said, the lifespan is a very long time especially since I balance charge every time and never store them depleted or charged- only to ~3.8v/cell.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Anyways... Getting excited to get out and test my new pack on Saturday!!! Need to swing by the LHS tomorrow after work and grab some EC5's...

SnowDog

Thanks man. :)

You are welcome...happy to help. A few of the posts were relevant to both threads, so I copied them. The rest of them were directly moved.

Looking forward to a flight report and some video with that Slick, [MENTION=3822]Xpress[/MENTION] !!!