• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

74" Edge 540

gyro

GSN Contributor
Yup the cowl is just up to the cowl and it bugs me it would look so much better if it just fit over the firewall just that little bit ,oh well. Can someone tell me what these two little balsa boxes are for?View attachment 20911

They're for your throttle servo, so you can place them wherever you like.
Little one is mini size, big one is standard size servo.

SnowDog

you could probably find the manual for a similar plane and use that....they are all pretty similar, really.

After stopping in at my local flying club and joining i am going gas and now i have to figure out what motor to put in the edge. I am thinking about the OS gt33 ,DLE 35ra and the VVRC 40 twin.I would really like to put a twin in this plane for the smoother running. I have seen pictures that the VVRC twin fits in the edge but what do you guys think about this engine for reliability and wieght.Also what size fuel tank best suits this plane. Thanks

SnowDog

I would go with the DLE 35RA or the VVRC 40 Twin...I just checked and discovered that both motors are listed at 44oz with muffler and ignition!

gyro

GSN Contributor
I would go with the DLE 35RA or the VVRC 40 Twin...I just checked and discovered that both motors are listed at 44oz with muffler and ignition!

Yup!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391439086.254825.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391439114.021809.jpg