• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

74" Edge 540

I run a 16oz tank with my twin. It is a bit more thirsty than the GT33.

GT33 pros are excellent throttle curve and response and noise level is much lower.

VVRC 40 twin spins bigger prop, smoother, and has quicker spool up.

Last edited by a moderator:
did you have the VVRC twin in the 74" if so did you still use pull pull so I can Finnish the servo set up while I'm waiting for the engine and do twin engines seem to dead stick less then a single engine .

did you have the VVRC twin in the 74" if so did you still use pull pull so I can Finnish the servo set up while I'm waiting for the engine and do twin engines seem to dead stick less then a single engine .

I have the VVRC 40cc twin (1/4-32 plug version) coming to put in my 74" edge. Not sure about using the stock pull/pull or push/pull setup for the rudder using the VVRC 40cc twin. I currently have my 74" edge setup to use the stock pull/pull setup and will try that first when I install the 40cc twin.

My VVRC is in a 78 Extra. I had a Mintor 38 with a proflow in my 74 with a push pull rudder. My new 74 is sitting in a box waiting for something to happen in my 30cc fleet. I have 2 GT33s in other planes and a A60-6XS laying around. This seems to be the year of the 60cc for me as I have 3 of them in various project stages so I keep literally forgetting I have this airframe.

One of my local friends has his on a GT33 and wants to put his 40 twin into it, so I might get to fly this combo soon.

Thanks for the help guys. It is so hard trying to figure out what motor to put on this plane not knowing much about gas engines i have the money but dont know what to do and now i see dle sell a 40cc twin that is about a pound heavier then the vvrc. This is driving me crazy to the point were if i dont make up my mind soon im just going elelctric. I figure the WRAM rc show is coming at the end of the month and will make my mind up after looking at everything in person.

That seems off. The VVRC 40 twin is 44 ounces AUW and is a proven performer with 21" size props. Since it is both cheaper, proven, and well supported I would go with that motor.

My crew is hitting WRAM on Friday. Beat the crowd and weekend craziness. Don't be surprised if there is not a definitive answer from that show. VVRC is not represented to my knowledge, and DLE will only be represented by a vendor. Horizon (Evolution), Hobbico (O.S.), DA, and I think bp hobbies (RCGF) will be the people you can talk to about their engine lines. Hobbico might have the DLE line as they do sell them. To be honest I have only spent minimum time in their booth as they don't seem as 3D oriented as Horizon.

As far as your earlier question about dead sticks, I have not managed to do that yet with mine. I did have a plug come undone (my fault, did not realize they twist lock in) and it ran on the one cylinder to a landing.

That seems off. The VVRC 40 twin is 44 ounces AUW and is a proven performer with 21" size props. Since it is both cheaper, proven, and well supported I would go with that motor.

My crew is hitting WRAM on Friday. Beat the crowd and weekend craziness. Don't be surprised if there is not a definitive answer from that show. VVRC is not represented to my knowledge, and DLE will only be represented by a vendor. Horizon (Evolution), Hobbico (O.S.), DA, and I think bp hobbies (RCGF) will be the people you can talk to about their engine lines. Hobbico might have the DLE line as they do sell them. To be honest I have only spent minimum time in their booth as they don't seem as 3D oriented as Horizon.

As far as your earlier question about dead sticks, I have not managed to do that yet with mine. I did have a plug come undone (my fault, did not realize they twist lock in) and it ran on the one cylinder to a landing.
Thanks Enterprise for all the info . I think I made up my mind Finaly. I am going with the dle 35 ra and Tbm 40cc power syste single battery setup. 16oz Fortitude tank. I already have 4 hs5565 waiting to install them until I get the whole setup together for placement for cg and pull pull or push pull rudder with the 35ra. Do you think it will be a good set up for this bird ,I am probably going to order from TBM tomorrow as imlikemthencombo deal with the free tack. Will I have to use another 5565 on the throttle or can I buy a bit cheaper servo with the same high voltage rating. I will be at the WRAM show on Friday as well with my son but don't think I can wait that long to setup my plane .

gyro

GSN Contributor
With those HV servos, the TBM power system is a waste, since it's designed to regulate down to 6v.
You would save money getting a nice Badger switch and relion LiIon battery from Fromeco, or a LiPo from buddyrc for rx power.... At least that is what I would do.

The only reason I was going with the TBM is its all in one hook up and has a kill switch built in. I am not use to these Hv setup at all and wouldn't even know how to hook everything up.Would I still need a Hv bec to run my servos or does the bader switch take care of powering them as well? Guess I have some reading to do .I read the gas engines for dummies thread on other forum and need to read it again I guess ,extra dummy here lol.