• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

74" Edge 540

gyro

GSN Contributor
The 5565 are faster but less torque then the 5585.are the 5565 ok for a gas setup too ? So do you think the 7985's are over kill for this plane or a good idea to spend the extra $ . I do like them being $70.00 even though i cant beleave i just said that . I am so used to the 51" size and smaller and there setup is way cheaper lol

I have mine on a gasser... And 194oz/in of torque is A LOT for a 30cc size.

I have 5565s in 3 30cc airframes, 2 of them gassers. They are a wonderful 30cc servo. 5585s give you a little more torque and are a fine choice as well. I personally liked my 74 edge when I put 7955s into it. Those surfaces are pretty big on this plane.

I was looking at the hanger 9 metal servo extension arms . Can you tell me what sizes needed for this plane and does the pull pull need to be offset . I really like the looks of the hitec 7956shr pull pull but looks way over kill.

gyro

GSN Contributor
hey guys, i have a motorfly 4325 280kv will the rpm's from this motor be too low for my 74" edge?

Not on 8s with a 20x10 prop... But you won't get the watts that a 4330 can handle (and this plane needs) and you'll also be tail heavy most likely.

Buick Mackane

70cc twin V2
that's awesome. it would be cool to hear about your experiences. i imagine it's classified (most of it). how did you get into the predator? i presume your r/c experience played a role in being chosen to pilot it. i have a cousin who flew F-15's during desert storm. he's with the national guard now flying re-fuelers. thank you for your service.

gyro

GSN Contributor
that's awesome. it would be cool to hear about your experiences. i imagine it's classified (most of it). how did you get into the predator? i presume your r/c experience played a role in being chosen to pilot it. i have a cousin who flew F-15's during desert storm. he's with the national guard now flying re-fuelers. thank you for your service.

Don't want to drift to far off topic here, but I volunteered for it.
Didn't get into RC until about a year "out of the cockpit" as I wanted something else to scratch my aviation itches. Been a crazy RC ride the last 3.5 years!