• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

74" Edge 540

Buick Mackane

70cc twin V2
sorry about drifting off-topic gyro. i'm still learning about forum protocol and don't know the proper way to post questions that are off-topic. sorry everybody

image.jpg It's finally here and what a beautiful plane. The only issue I see so far is a crack on the front cowl. After inspecting the cowl it seems really thin in the area of crack. Hopefully 3dhs will get back to me on that. After seeing the size of this plane I don't think I can bring myself to go electric it screams gasser..

Does the cowl slip over the airframe over the firewall or does it go up to the fire wall because I also notice a gap on one side up against it and when I inspected it I found the balsa trim inside the cowl is flush on the side with the gap and a 1/16 or so back on all other side.i would think it would slip over a bit but not sure.

Buick Mackane

70cc twin V2
hey chopper, my cowl is flush with the firewall, no overlap. if your cowl is cracked, it is possible that it is not shaped properly or that the crack is allowing it to flex a bit. i'm sure 3dhs will take care of it.

The crack is small and the cowl is pretty ridged still but think its just a bad mold. I am sure 3dhs will take care of . Thanks

Talked to 3dhs yesterday and they are sending me a new cowl. I asked them about the cowl going on up to the firewall or slipping over the 1/16th of an inch and they said it should slip over up to the balsa stop inside the cowl . I guess i will find out tomorrow when i get it.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
View attachment 20869 It's finally here and what a beautiful plane. The only issue I see so far is a crack on the front cowl. After inspecting the cowl it seems really thin in the area of crack. Hopefully 3dhs will get back to me on that. After seeing the size of this plane I don't think I can bring myself to go electric it screams gasser..

Nice plane man! Yup it has to be a gasser... Dang love the sound of a big gasser ripping a prop!

Yup the cowl is just up to the cowl and it bugs me it would look so much better if it just fit over the firewall just that little bit ,oh well. Can someone tell me what these two little balsa boxes are for?image.jpg