• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

74" Edge 540

SteveT.

100cc
I still have it and am willing to sell it. Another pilot tried to adapt it for 10s, but that did not work at all. Maybe I was reading way too much into my watt meter being so low and a unrealistic expectation on the planes I was flying. I originally bought it to get the Raven to CG. Also I felt the sting of being a early adopter and not having any other experiences to help.

Well....as I have said before, you can't compare the input wattage of a 28 pole motor to that of a 14 pole motor, but I really like my A60-6XS, and from the few minutes I got on my A60-5S last week, it looked really good, but only time will tell, I was hoping to go flying tomorrow, but as it turns out my wife has a Doctor appointment I have to take her to, so hopefully on Thursday.

SteveT

mzl969

New to GSN!
Does anyone know what if any changes are going to be made to the new 74 Edge? They have been on back order, out of stock, so long I was hoping that they would make two versions like the 71 Slicks both for gas and electric. The electric 71 Slick with the extra large canopy opening makes it so easy to work inside the fuse, battery swap out and quick CG changes are a breeze, great engineering 3DHS.

SteveT.

100cc
Does anyone know what if any changes are going to be made to the new 74 Edge? They have been on back order, out of stock, so long I was hoping that they would make two versions like the 71 Slicks both for gas and electric. The electric 71 Slick with the extra large canopy opening makes it so easy to work inside the fuse, battery swap out and quick CG changes are a breeze, great engineering 3DHS.

As Horton told you in another thread, no, there will be no changes coming on the 74" Edge....and as one of the owners of 3DHS, he would know.....

SteveT

Finally got some flying in......

Attachments

• 74hover with mountains.jpg
    74hover with mountains.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 320
  • 74edgelowke.jpg
    74edgelowke.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 335
  • 74 inv harrier and mountains.jpg
    74 inv harrier and mountains.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 306
  • 74 Down waterfall.jpg
    74 Down waterfall.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 297

gyro

GSN Contributor

I've got no problems inserting and removing the two 4s4000 lipos in and out of my 74" Edge... I think you'll really enjoy it when you get it. Great plane!

Finally got some flying in......

About time Dan, glad you finally got out there, and thanks for sharing the pics!

Steve

Any updates on the A60-5S and the Edge?

I flew my new to me silver one last week on the Mintor 38 on a proflow. So far I am very impressed with the airframe. I don't believe the 1000 square inch number 3DHS has on the site. We compared the wing to the AW Extra 260 QB-L and they are very close and that one is advertised as 1175. The weather is turning against us so I am not sure how much more flying I am going to get this season.

SteveT.

100cc
Sorry....but it's next.....I got my Velox maidened, and a couple flights on it today along with my 89" Slick....So....74" will be going back out next!!

SteveT

I had to just put my 89 up for the winter. The trailer has to go into storage. The 74 fits into the truck thankfully.

SteveT.

100cc
74" just barely fits in my HHR with my front seats up....but it does...89" Slick also goes in, but I have to fold the right front seat down flat. Today, I got both my 89" and Velox in , but couldn't take my 57" Extra...

Fortunately, California weather usually lets me fly at least once a week...but it does get rainy here in the winter....

SteveT

Last edited by a moderator: