• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

74" Edge 540

gyro

GSN Contributor
Yup thanks for that. For some reason I thought parallel but that just don't make sense!

Sheesh. My 72 is fast with an 8 pitch prop. Your 74 should scoot on a 10 pitch steve!

I've been flying mine on a 19x10 APC E prop, with a Motrolfly 5320 300kv motor. F A S T is an understatement!

SteveT.

100cc
Well....got out to the field today....pretty windy for a maiden...but did it anyway.....Only flew a short time, but plane has a ton of power, and only needed one click of up elevator, one click of left aileron, and with packs all the way to the front....almost perfect CG, just a slight nose drop inverted!!!

SteveT

Joe's Dad

70cc twin V2
I could look up what a ton of power means, (schnitt) But I won't this time cause I'm sure you just meant a lot.

Steve, how are you liking the A60-5S? I have one that I tried to use on a 78" EF Extra and a 74" EG Raven and I was never fully happy with it. When I looked up the motor on the German Hacker site it said the kv was 280 which was closer to the RPM readings I was getting. I went all the way up to a Xoar 22x10 before I settled on 21x10. I bough a Mej 20x11WE that Aero-model suggested, but I never got to use it on this motor as I got into gassers so heavy in the spring. I still have the Gens Ace 30C 5300 packs, motor, and props laying around. After my experiences I wonder if 9s is a better place for this motor. I am looking forward to your flight reports.

SteveT.

100cc
Steve, how are you liking the A60-5S? I have one that I tried to use on a 78" EF Extra and a 74" EG Raven and I was never fully happy with it. When I looked up the motor on the German Hacker site it said the kv was 280 which was closer to the RPM readings I was getting. I went all the way up to a Xoar 22x10 before I settled on 21x10. I bough a Mej 20x11WE that Aero-model suggested, but I never got to use it on this motor as I got into gassers so heavy in the spring. I still have the Gens Ace 30C 5300 packs, motor, and props laying around. After my experiences I wonder if 9s is a better place for this motor. I am looking forward to your flight reports.

So far I only have about two-three minutes of flight time on the plane as it was very windy the day I maidened it. The numbers I got on my "watts up" meter weren't real high, but when I took off, my son said.....WOW!! that's got some power, and it sure seemed to, to me also....but only time will tell.. One thing is that at this time I have a Xoar Carbon fiber 20X10 wide gas prop on it right now. I'm going to try this prop again, but I have others to try....

Do you still have your 5S? If mine works out, I am going to switch the Hacker A50-14L out that I have in my 72" Extra...so, if you still have yours, and don't like it, maybe I'll buy it from you if you still have it and want to sell it...

SteveT

Last edited by a moderator:
I still have it and am willing to sell it. Another pilot tried to adapt it for 10s, but that did not work at all. Maybe I was reading way too much into my watt meter being so low and a unrealistic expectation on the planes I was flying. I originally bought it to get the Raven to CG. Also I felt the sting of being a early adopter and not having any other experiences to help.