• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

74" Edge 540

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Subscribed as I want to learn more about this plane.
I love this color combination, so unique. Doe those wing tips come with the plane?

SteveT.

100cc
Subscribed as I want to learn more about this plane.
I love this color combination, so unique. Doe those wing tips come with the plane?

If talking about the racing tips that are on Greg's plane....no, while they were shown on the prototype, they did not make it into production. Greg built them from scratch....

SteveT

I bought a used one that is on Greyhound on it's way here. I'll be putting in my Mintor 38 on proflow. I have not gotten my Edge fix this season since I sold my 60" EF.

SteveT.

100cc
Finally!!!! My Edge is ready for maiden tomorrow!! Had to buy new batteries as the ones I had (4000mAH packs) had puffed, and, I also needed more weight in the nose, so, went with new 4S 45C 4400mAH Thunder Power packs. And.... I ran up the motor today for the first time. On 8S with a Hacker A60-5S (295KV), I got 2335 watts @ 79.35 amps, using a Xoar 20X10 Carbon fiber wide "gas" prop. Some might think this low on wattage, but this is a 28 pole motor, and you can't compare input watts of a 28 pole motor to those of a 14 pole motor such as an A50-14L or a Motrolfly motor. While I didn't check the thrust with a fish scale or anything, but I can tell you, when I had the stab pulling against the back of my ankles, it hurt, and I haven't even set my ESC yet!!!

SteveT

teookie

70cc twin V2
How many rpm's steve? So us gas guys can compare. :) Not that I would run a 20x10 prop on my DLE-30... but I have ran a 20x6 before and I think it turned around 7200? Maybe?

Ok, I just multiplied 295KV * 4S * 4.2V and got 4956 rpm. So I guess that's why you need the higher pitch prop on an electric setup. Hmm. Learn something new every day. And I guess you can't really compare a gas to electric setup based on RPM anyway.

Carry on folks, nothing to see here.

gyro

GSN Contributor
How many rpm's steve? So us gas guys can compare. :) Not that I would run a 20x10 prop on my DLE-30... but I have ran a 20x6 before and I think it turned around 7200? Maybe?

Ok, I just multiplied 295KV * 4S * 4.2V and got 4956 rpm. So I guess that's why you need the higher pitch prop on an electric setup. Hmm. Learn something new every day. And I guess you can't really compare a gas to electric setup based on RPM anyway.

Carry on folks, nothing to see here.

Except he's running 8s (two 4s packs) and the rpms drop some under load...

teookie

70cc twin V2
Except he's running 8s (two 4s packs) and the rpms drop some under load...

Yup thanks for that. For some reason I thought parallel but that just don't make sense!

Sheesh. My 72 is fast with an 8 pitch prop. Your 74 should scoot on a 10 pitch steve!