• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

71" AJ Slick Building, Flying, and Questions

gyro

GSN Contributor
Are you guys using the supplied motor box extension or just using stand offs on my yak I just used dle 30 stand offs I'm sure I won't get lucky and they be the right length

The supplied mb extension is likely for the electric motor option. The stock DLE 30 standoffs that come with engine should get you close enough that a washer or two will finish the job.

G

I should of been more clear I was using dle 30 stand offs with hacker a60-5s witch puts it around 150 mm from fire wall and dle is around 160 mm from firewall I don't know what extension box looks like or size I haven't received plane yet Thanks for the tip Gary Tammy at valley view was very helpful and had plane in stock Ben

gyro

GSN Contributor
I should of been more clear I was using dle 30 stand offs with hacker a60-5s witch puts it around 150 mm from fire wall and dle is around 160 mm from firewall I don't know what extension box looks like or size I haven't received plane yet Thanks for the tip Gary Tammy at valley view was very helpful and had plane in stock Ben

My bad, got confused for a second. When I ran electric planes, I used the supplied electric extension, and then standoffs from there.

Craig at www.customstandoffs.com can make you the exact size for a very small fee.

wade

50cc
I was wanting to see if some of you could help me out. I bought a 71 slick at a fly low in for a good price, the only catch was that it did not have any hardware with it. Not that big of a deal as far as the bolts, screws, etc. goes. What I do need help with is the control horns. I am going to have to fabricate these myself. Can anybody supply me with a picture of the overall shape of these, or something can I can use as a template.

If anybody has any extra ones, I would be willing to purchase these as well. My plane is the older one where they offered either an electric or a gas version, but I can't really imagine these being different as far as the horns go.

Thanks everybody

gyro

GSN Contributor
I was wanting to see if some of you could help me out. I bought a 71 slick at a fly low in for a good price, the only catch was that it did not have any hardware with it. Not that big of a deal as far as the bolts, screws, etc. goes. What I do need help with is the control horns. I am going to have to fabricate these myself. Can anybody supply me with a picture of the overall shape of these, or something can I can use as a template.

If anybody has any extra ones, I would be willing to purchase these as well. My plane is the older one where they offered either an electric or a gas version, but I can't really imagine these being different as far as the horns go.

Thanks everybody

Wade, I actually do believe I have an extra set, they came from another airframe from another manufacturer, but with a little work, I think you could make them work. I'll post a pic in a little bit.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Wade, they're yours if you want them:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380472353.713910.jpg

wade

50cc
PM'd you my address. I'm a good sized southern boy that ate a lot of pinto beans and cornbread, would need a 3x Tee shirt

My slick showed up today can't wait to get started just can't believe there isn't a manual included I will go to there website to download but it showes older model 70" is the cg the same it looks like same old build
Process I think I will be fine