• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

71" AJ Slick Building, Flying, and Questions

I might put the a60-5s in classifies I just thought when I bought it that 8s would be better than 6s or at least easier on equipment or I may just try the 5s if I don't like it buy something different this winter

so if my power setup wont work I have no problem buying new i wasn't real happy with my current set up in yak was hoping yak was just heavy what kind of motor would you all run i would love for it to have the same power as my extreme flight 60" planes if that is possible thanks Ben

gyro

GSN Contributor
so if my power setup wont work I have no problem buying new i wasn't real happy with my current set up in yak was hoping yak was just heavy what kind of motor would you all run i would love for it to have the same power as my extreme flight 60" planes if that is possible thanks Ben

The 60" planes are a little unique, in that many are getting up to 1600w or more on very light airplanes. In my experience, the power-to-weight of the 60" class is extremely hard to replicate once you go larger.
For example, an average 60" EF plane weighs in at 5lbs, but most 70-78" airplanes are 10lbs or more. To have the same power-to-weight, you'd have to use a 3200w setup, and that isn't practical for most, as it weighs too much.

wedoitall

that's the only thing I think that will disappointment me when I get my bigger plane. on my 4315-480 with a 16x8 I was getting 1750+ watts. may be just a tad overkill but it sure it nice when you want it or even better when you need it.

Valley view has them in stock gas version I assume gas and electric version is same as 3dhs states on website I called Tammy at valley view she could not verify this im supposed to call Tom later

joshgluck

100cc
Gas usually has an ebox extension that bolts to the firewall. Edge and extra are that way. Slick should be the same.