• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

42" Vyper Bype

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
Lol. I haven't tried them yet. No first hand experience. Once I snag my first balsa plane though that is what I am going to use. Would love to have one of these vyper bypes but not yet. Thinking 42 slick in the spring if and when they become available again. Still a relative newbie in this hobby. :)

Joe's Dad

70cc twin V2
Some people's first impressions of this plane is not what I would call a good insight into how they fly.

If you don't fly Bipes and get a pull on this one you will have a initial reaction of O this is different.

Then after a few flights you get to understand its flight characteristics and you go like well this is cool.

So don't fly it once and judge it on how it flew different than your mono planes do.

Because it is different. It has 2 wings.

And don't base buying one on someones opinion of it after their first pull on it.
You will be missing out on a fun plane to have in your hanger.

SteveT.

100cc
Lol. I haven't tried them yet. No first hand experience. Once I snag my first balsa plane though that is what I am going to use. Would love to have one of these vyper bypes but not yet. Thinking 42 slick in the spring if and when they become available again. Still a relative newbie in this hobby. :)

Get a "Buck Huck 1.5" (I.E. the 48" Edge)....Do the gear mod, and fly the snot out of it, they are great little planes...

SteveT

SteveT.

100cc
Some people's first impressions of this plane is not what I would call a good insight into how they fly.

If you don't fly Bipes and get a pull on this one you will have a initial reaction of O this is different.

Then after a few flights you get to understand its flight characteristics and you go like well this is cool.

So don't fly it once and judge it on how it flew different than your mono planes do.

Because it is different. It has 2 wings.

And don't base buying one on someones opinion of it after their first pull on it.
You will be missing out on a fun plane to have in your hanger.

I for one (and one of many), couldn't wait for this plane to come out....believe me, it will be next on the bench.....just a few other things that I just about have finished up before it gets there!!

SteveT

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
Get a "Buck Huck 1.5" (I.E. the 48" Edge)....Do the gear mod, and fly the snot out of it, they are great little planes...

SteveT

Have my eye on that one too. It's a toss up right now between those 2. Won't be till spring so have some time to figure it out. In the meantime ill beat up my 40 EPP edge. Lol. Really glad I bought that thing. Feels like a nice intermediary step between the flat foamies and a full fledged balsa plane. Finally feeling smooth flying it and the confidence is coming quickly.

SteveT.

100cc
Don't glue the gear in.....just put the gear in and then the wedge that holds it in.....then drill two small holes through the two formers (in front of and behind the gear) and the wedge and put a couple of screws through them... If the gear is bent too often and breaks, you can replace it...

SteveT