• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

42" Vyper Bype

SteveT.

100cc
I flew the byper. Impression is that it's SUPER responsive. Like, ULTRA SUPER responsive especially in roll and yaw. I did a snap and wound up doing a perfect 1 and 1/4 snap because the ailerons are so fast. Looked very cool but scared me to death. Ha ha. In harrier it was rocking a little but that was totally my fault. It was my first flight with the girl and I didn't know what she likes yet. ;) A couple more flights and the rock would be gone I'm sure. Which pretty much sums up my impression of it. It is a capable plane that while being a little different than a monoplane, can certainly do all the same stuff once you get a little experience with it. No "bad tendencies", but a little different than monoplanes so expect it to surprise you a couple times.

I would love to add one to my hangar.

Do it!!! :D :D

SteveT

Just out of curiosity, since the plane is really new.....has your friend actually flown one? or just based his opinion on something he saw?

SteveT

Steve, my friend isn't just some guy who hangs around a few fields. He is a sponsored dude and national traveler. I respect his opinions and tend to follow his advise, I just am looking for a reason not to...this one time. lol

Will

zmonster97

Steve, my friend isn't just some guy who hangs around a few fields. He is a sponsored dude and national traveler. I respect his opinions and tend to follow his advise, I just am looking for a reason not to...this one time. lol

Will

Well, if you would ever like to pass along the giving with that vyper bype, I wouldn't mind having it.:D

SteveT.

100cc

Will

Hotay....:D :D Meant no disrespect to anybody, but you have no idea how many time I hear people say something is bad, when they have no practical experience with it. I know that I have personally said..."I have heard" or I have read" that something is not good, but only after hearing it from many sources, not just one person.

SteveT

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree totally, Steve. I hate listening to people make comments about things they have no personal experience with. "Ma brodder's wif's turrd cuzin's friend said he had one of dem tangs and tit ain't no good!" LOL

Sorry folks, but there will be no "passing along the giving"! HA!

SteveT.

100cc
I know of one young man (who shall go un-named) that was always saying he would "never" use Hitec servos....after seeing this many times, I PMed him, and asked him if he had ever actually tried any, he admitted he had not, but had read/heard that they were no good. I told him that is pretty much all I use (not that that means anything), and that many people use them and have no problems with them...I believe I read that he is now using them...and likes them... :D :D

SteveT