• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

ZDZ USA Is Bringing ZDZ Brand Back to the US! Whoo Hoo!

A 180 would be ridicules!! Mine is a monster with a hybrid 157/170 3W. I think I found the right prop for it. The Falcon 30x13 CF. Need to get the fiber glass parts repainted.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I've always been interested in trying a ZDZ. Now that there will be a reliable dealer in the USA, I might have to put a ZDZ 180 on my Dalton 300.
About 14 years ago, I had one of the ZDZ 80 inline twins in a Giles. I was impressed with it. We'll see what the 224 four cylinder has to offer. I am determined to have a four cylinder on my next big project. Love my sons DLE 222, But I also love my 3W's. Looking forward to the results on the 224 ZDZ.

Last edited:
A few generalizations can be said but the devil is always in the details.
The intake timing is not passive and can be precisly controlled. This can offer some power advantages. This also allows different rotary disks to tune it for different power bands.
The disc does not suffer fatigue like reeds do.
The internal crankcase volume CAN be less for better primary compression ratio.
One potential down side is it has to have a good seal or it could be hard to start.
Hopefully this post doesn't get way off track but a rotary valve engine does need a high quality oil to keep the rotary valve damage free. Seadoo had some of the strongest running engines because of the rotary valve design. But you needed to run their oil for best service life. in the late 90s my 800cc was killing skis in the 1200cc range.

So I've been doing some reading, I someone say that the 112 can use DA100 / DLE111 mufflers. Can anyone confirm this.

The bolt pattern is the same and they all have rectangular ports. Maybe not be the exact same shape. The cylinder offset is opposite DA 100 if there are any asymmetrical options out there. Not sure if volume would make a difference using 100 size mufflers on a 112.

I think they had a 112 on DA mufflers in the rccanada testing thread.

I still need to get a set of compacts ordered one way or another so I don't know for sure yet, but the drawing shows the bolts being 40mm apart and they measure 40mm apart.

Attachments

• IMG_0551.JPG
    IMG_0551.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 271

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
The bolt pattern is the same and they all have rectangular ports. Maybe not be the exact same shape. The cylinder offset is opposite DA 100 if there are any asymmetrical options out there. Not sure if volume would make a difference using 100 size mufflers on a 112.

I still need to get a set of compacts ordered one way or another so I don't know for sure yet, but the drawing shows the bolts being 40mm apart and they measure 40mm apart.

I That's right I heard it from you as well as saw it online. The offset is not a huge deal, I used DA muffs on my EME and just had the smoke nipples pointing inward. I'm done with smoke systems so no biggie there.

I'm using pipes made for 45-60cc on my 120cc engine. Most pipes are made for upto 60cc engines.

Last edited: