• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

ZDZ USA Is Bringing ZDZ Brand Back to the US! Whoo Hoo!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
We have kept quiet as long as we could stand while getting going, but I am so excited about this news that it is time to share it with all! ZDZ engines are the best engine I have ever run. Being able to partner up with them and create a great customer care center is something I feel privileged to do. I want to say thanks to all of family, friends and Michal at ZDZ for their support as we have gotten this going.

Also...I guess the secret is out. The BH 50% edge that I bought from @stanglfyer will be debuting with a ZDZ.
Whoo hoo....uh huh! Oh yeah....mmm hmmm!!! Now "Ya'll" know!!

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
So I've been doing some reading, I someone say that the 112 can use DA100 / DLE111 mufflers. Can anyone confirm this.

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
Rotary valves do have some advantages over reeds. I am really looking forward to seeing how this beauty performs. I know if I had one I would not take it apart to shoot some internal pics, but if love to see what it looks like inside.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Rotary valves do have some advantages over reeds. I am really looking forward to seeing how this beauty performs. I know if I had one I would not take it apart to shoot some internal pics, but if love to see what it looks like inside.
I was just going to ask about RV's. What are the advantages or disadvantages?

ghoffman

70cc twin V2
A few generalizations can be said but the devil is always in the details.
The intake timing is not passive and can be precisly controlled. This can offer some power advantages. This also allows different rotary disks to tune it for different power bands.
The disc does not suffer fatigue like reeds do.
The internal crankcase volume CAN be less for better primary compression ratio.
One potential down side is it has to have a good seal or it could be hard to start.

A few generalizations can be said but the devil is always in the details.
The intake timing is not passive and can be precisly controlled. This can offer some power advantages. This also allows different rotary disks to tune it for different power bands.
The disc does not suffer fatigue like reeds do.
The internal crankcase volume CAN be less for better primary compression ratio.
One potential down side is it has to have a good seal or it could be hard to start.

The rotary valve also gives better transition.

Lojik

70cc twin V2
Awesome news, I'm hoping an AU distributor looks into the ZDZ line, would love to get one over here to test out.