• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Welcome to Tail Dragger Rc's support forum!

Taildraggerrc

70cc twin V2
Ohio AV8TOR;10806 wrote: Just placed the order for my pump, hopefully it will make it by the weekend. On my fuel can I made a bracket that will work to attach the pump to. I am guessing I will just velcro and strap my LiFe battery to it as well. I had had a 4x4 plastic box on the side so this will be much more streamlined.

Chad do you disconnect the battery when traveling? That looks like a JR connector from the picture is that correct?

Awesome and thanks!

We will have it shipped in the morning. I would disconnect the battery when not in use. Yes it is a standard jr connector. Life would be great. I use my old a123s I retired from my plane on it.

Taildraggerrc

70cc twin V2
Patroller;10807 wrote: Here is how I made a plate for the wing harness on my EF 104" Extra. I thought this thread needed some content. My radio tray is light plywood outlined in 1/4" balsa stock, It was covered in some spare mono coat I had laying around.

10807=4409-D2B_5599.jpg
10807=4409-D2B_5599.jpg

10807=4410-D2B_5600.jpg
10807=4410-D2B_5600.jpg

Awesome! Looks super trick! Nice job:)

O

Ohio AV8TOR

Taildraggerrc;10811 wrote:
10811=4411-image.jpg
10811=4411-image.jpg

10811=4412-image.jpg
10811=4412-image.jpg

Saw this setup with our harness's at a fly in this weekend?

Chad do you have any of the Taildragger RC decals on the picture on the right or were they a custom run? If so please throw 2 in my fuel pump order.

That inside above picture is real clean

Patroller

70cc twin V2
I really like the flange mount. In my case my solution was limited by the length of the harness from the Flange to the Rx. I could not place it where I originally wanted to closer to the opening to the wings. It worked out pretty good though.

I think a version with the MPX connector unsoldered with extra long lengths of wire would be cool. I am more confident of soldering than crimping the 20 gauge wires.

Taildraggerrc

70cc twin V2
Ohio AV8TOR;10815 wrote: Chad do you have any of the Taildragger RC decals on the picture on the right or were they a custom run? If so please throw 2 in my fuel pump order.

That inside above picture is real clean

We sure do and will do!

Patroller;10816 wrote: I really like the flange mount. In my case my solution was limited by the length of the harness from the Flange to the Rx. I could not place it where I originally wanted to closer to the opening to the wings. It worked out pretty good though.

I think a version with the MPX connector unsoldered with extra long lengths of wire would be cool. I am more confident of soldering than crimping the 20 gauge wires.
http://www.taildraggerrc.com/mpx-flange-mounted-12-male-32-42-bare-wire-female-dual-servo-harness-2-servos-one-plug-with-100-strand-20-awg-silicon-wire/

We actually have a harness with long pigtails on the wing side.

Patroller

70cc twin V2
Yep, I have seen those on your site before. My though was more along the lines of the servo crimp end already done one both ends and enough length on both sections of wire that the flange could be placed anywhere. All the purchaser would have to do is the soldering to the MPX connectors based on the length needed for their specific plane. I thought about just purchasing your servo extensions and finding the flange separately. I think a kit would be cool though.

siko_flyer

70cc twin V2
Taildraggerrc;10811 wrote:
10811=4411-image.jpg
10811=4411-image.jpg

10811=4412-image.jpg
10811=4412-image.jpg

Saw this setup with our harness's at a fly in this weekend..

Chad,if you know the person with that plane,I would tell him that he needs something(split fuel tubing maybe) on the wood where the rx wires are,otherwise the wood is going to eat through the wire insulation and bad things are going to happen.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Spats;15366 wrote: Did a small custom install on a new plane. Love these plus.
Ah crap! So I got some for my ailerons and didn't even think of the awesome use they would be for the elevators. DOAH!!!! Guess I am going to do some modifications.....