• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

VVRC 40 Twin Props

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
My 83" MXS is also 12.5 lbs and still not broke in and slightly rich and unlimited vertical. From what I hear the motor really starts to come on after 2 gallons of gas.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
ok, thanks guys. the plane i'm going to be putting it in is an 81" Lanier Cap 232 so it should be great with it in there, probably more power than I need.

Very good!
Bart

Jedijody

50cc
Sorry, I haven't been there for over three years. No clue as to the day to day happenings at VVRC. But if you call and talk to Tom, Linda, or my favorite sister with different mother and father, Tammy, please give them my best!

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
sorry about that Jodi, i've been building/flying multi-rotor helicopters for the last three or four years and lost track of where everyone is at.
want to plug your shop while you're here? where are you at these days?

Jedijody

50cc
sorry about that Jodi, i've been building/flying multi-rotor helicopters for the last three or four years and lost track of where everyone is at.
want to plug your shop while you're here? where are you at these days?

Ok, shameless plug for my shop. If you can afford it the next step is to get through all the government ITAR red tape and background checks, good luck!

http://www.insitu.com/

SupaTim

70cc twin V2
next question for @SupaTim would be when are the 40's going to be back in stock?? thanks! bart

Engines are back but backorders and wait list are being fulfilled before the difference goes online. Customer service should have it all finalized this week but in the meantime I'll be doing the final assembly and initial runs ALL WEEK...

BTW the 2 in 1 headers are here, couplers and clamps are here, just waiting on the drop spacers to arrive. Currently the headers have a 25mm drop (from the flange to top of the header) and with such a huge difference in necessary drops the spacers were the best solution. They'll be in 10mm increments, you'll just stack as many as necessary and seal in between with RTV then be good to go!!

Here's a sneak peek at the finished header with a medium can. I bolted this up on the bench last week and with the 20x8 didn't lose a single RPM. I did have to lean out my low end a little but once she was tuned, the it was totally worth the wait. The difference in sound is great, can't wait to get her bolted up and in the air!!

IMG_20141110_124704.jpg

Alky6

150cc
For those with the EF 78 Extra, the measurements and drawings I have been working on show 59mm from exhaust mounting face to center of tunnel. Almost done with a drawing to shoehorn two ES composites pipes in this airframe. Probably won't do it, but it was fun doing the drawing. Will post a pdf of the drawing of anyone is interested.