• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

VVRC 40 Twin Props

O

Ohio AV8TOR

As this motor is new and there seems to be some challenges finding that just right or in between but not yet made prop for this motor like a 21x9 carbon I thought I would start this thread in hopes of folks posting their experience.  Wood or Carbon

I am still breaking in my motor so I am running a Vess 20B.  

O

Ohio AV8TOR

Hey @BarracudaHockey  are you still flying with your VVRC 40?  I was curious what props you have settled in on as your favorites.  I am still breaking in on a Vess 20B.  I am worried the 21x8's will be too slow for me so thinking maybe 20x10 or 20x9 in carbon.  I saw a post you made on FG about you using a Falcon 20x9.  I just hate to chase $60 purchases trying props. 

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I am not a guest but I do have a different login name now that Bart has changed, note the period between the name.  So if you want to pm or reply this is now my account

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Ohio.AV8TOR said
I am not a guest but I do have a different login name now that Bart has changed, note the period between the name.  So if you want to pm or reply this is now my account
Ray,

I'm going to get together with Neal when he returns and figure out a way to change those guest posts back to your account.  They're there still so it's just going to be a matter of figuring out how to access the database entries for them to modify them.

Please let me know immediately if you see any of the old glitches with the new account and thanks again for being a trooper through all of the problems.

Bart

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Bartman said
Ohio.AV8TOR said

Ray,

I'm going to get together with Neal when he returns and figure out a way to change those guest posts back to your account.  They're there still so it's just going to be a matter of figuring out how to access the database entries for them to modify them.

Please let me know immediately if you see any of the old glitches with the new account and thanks again for being a trooper through all of the problems.

Bart
Will do Bart thanks.  So far so good and for the first time I see how Howdy land is supposed to work
icon_smile.gif

Not sure if it forum wide but even this new account can't access the settings for avatar but I am sure you are aware of that. 

Alky6

150cc
Here is what I have found, though limited. 20x8 xoar beechwood @7000-7100. VVRC 21x8 - 6900. All on ground. The xoar is definitely faster. The VVRC loads the engine better (especially in mid-range) but is slower - a lot slower and tends to slip a lot. Talking with SupaTim - the xoar 21x8 laminated is a better choice as it doesn't flex as much as the vvrc. That will be my next trial. I have a xoar 20x8 laminated, but haven't tried it yet. 

-Paul

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Thanks for the feedback Paul.  A friend loaned me a VVRC 20x8 to try but have not yet.  I plan on ordering a Falcon 20x9 carbon and a Xoar 21x8 as well, like you mention Tim seems very happy with it.  

Alky6

150cc
I look forward to hearing about your experiences with the falcon 20x9. Planning to use it for 3D? Assuming yes, as this is a 3D forum, but am curious. I am going to change my EF78 Extra over to compete (try to) in IMAC next year. You have yours on the EF MXS, correct?

-Paul

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Alky6 said
I look forward to hearing about your experiences with the falcon 20x9. Planning to use it for 3D? Assuming yes, as this is a 3D forum, but am curious. I am going to change my EF78 Extra over to compete (try to) in IMAC next year. You have yours on the EF MXS, correct?

-Paul
I like to mix 3D with some higher speed freestyle.  I am not good enough in the very low and slow yet.  So I am stuck a little with prop selection.  Great 3D prps feel like being stuck in third gear to me.  Yes Extreme Flight MXS.  

The problem for me right now is I had 6 tanks through my first motor and then wam it ran like crap if it started at all.  With working with Tim over the phone he had be remove the mufflers to check the piston alignment and they were in fact misaligned so he sent me a new motor.  So basically I am back to new motor again with only 3 tanks through now.  The new motor is running really good but the needles came set pretty rich.  I turned in just a tad but still rich.  Low end does not load and has great response to mid range but midrange to full there is a hesitation passing through some burbling before it levels out.  I am going to leave that where it is till at least a gallon through as I am not flying it hard right now (per Tim)  Right now mine is at 6,800 rpm with the 20B