• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

VVRC 40 Twin Props

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Have you looked in a header for single pipes yet? The guys that are using the ES Composite pipe on the DA 35 really like the power boost. Please keep me informed. I am off for two weeks of travel with the second week in Asia so might not be around like usual.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Here is a picture of it and a few more specs.

Region capture 3.png

Alky6

150cc
Alky what plane is your 40 in and how much fuel do you have through yours?
It's in an EF 78 Extra. I had about 2 gallons through the first engine before the crank twisted. VV replaced it and this one runs great. Have another 2.5 gallons through the new engine. Put a gallon through it this weekend. Setting it up for IMAC. Using a xoar 20x8 laminated - 6950-7000 on ground with unlimited vertical. Going to work on some of my baffling as temps are starting to go up on long uplines 313-330F peak in flight, cools right back down to around 280. I have a 1/2 gallon left of a five gallon pail that I bought originally when I first got the engine.

-Paul

Be interesting to see if the header will work with a pipe. Vess 21B would be super nice if it would work. I have a PT 21x10 carbon that was too much for the engine on stock. This is one experiment I don't want to do.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
So Matt what is your gut saying here, use the 2 into 1 and the larger ES pipe or twin headers and the smaller pipe?

I guess the 21x10 would be too much. I did a ground run up with a Falcon Beech 20x10 and it went down to just under 6600.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
guys,

what kind of weight can this engine pull for better than scale performance? strong uplines, big loops, that sort of thing

thanks,
bart

Alky6

150cc
I don't remember the exact number, but I believe my EF 78 Extra is around 12.5 pounds. I have unlimited vertical and using it to practice for IMAC. The VVRC is on stock muffs and using a 20x8 Xoar laminated and beechwood (those are around 6900-7000 rpm on ground). The VVRC 21x8 beech turns about 6900 also and is slower than the xoar but also has unlimited vertical. Hope that helps.