• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

VVRC 40 Twin Props

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
It fits great and flys great but the noise police at my field keep me from flying,so I was hoping the two to one header would tame the exhaust down a little
Twister what prop are you using? I ask because I just purchases two new Falcon props. A carbon 20x9 and a beech 20x10. I have only flew the 20x9 which seems to be fine but on the ground the 20x10 beech turned 600 less rpms and was very quiet because of it. It has been very windy lately for my flying so I don't really want to experiment is tough wind.

Patroller

70cc twin V2
It fits great and flys great but the noise police at my field keep me from flying,so I was hoping the two to one header would tame the exhaust down a little
I am not sure what prop you are using, but I switched to a 21x8 mej this spring and told the noise police that I made a bunch of changes. It as quiet as any of the other gassers. Or at least it appears to be. It definitely keeps the prop from ripping and keeps it slow, probably perfect for the bigfoot. If you like low and slow it definitely is quiter than either the Vess or the wood XOAR I had before.

Patroller

70cc twin V2
Extreme Flight 78 Extra, about 6850 as I remember. The prop definitely slows the plane down. But it's mostly my precision practice plane and not as capable of 3D as my 60 Laser or my 104 Extra.

Alky6

150cc
That has always been my concern because it is not a "Y" design, it is a "U" design and I have problems seeing how exhaust gas timing will be that accurate.
U shape or Y shouldn't make much difference. The length from the exhaust to the "tee" outlet pipe and the change in volume at that point (and resulting sound wave reflections - either positive or negative) will have most to do with it. My understanding is that the tubing is 1" od so the velocity of the exhaust gas would be much lower than a typical sized exhaust for a 20cc cylinder - shouldn't be a flow problem. Talking with Tim on the second prototype, he was getting an increase of about 400 rpm with a medium smooth pipe and no loss of power with a medium can. I am intrigued.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
What brand medium smooth pipe do you know? 400 rpms would help but comes at a cost. PlaneBenders MS pipe weighs 10 oz and is $240. ES Composites weighs 4.4 oz and is $250

Alky6

150cc
It was planebenders.
What brand medium smooth pipe do you know? 400 rpms would help but comes at a cost. PlaneBenders MS pipe weighs 10 oz and is $240. ES Composites weighs 4.4 oz and is $250
Heck, didn't realize the ES composites were so light. Wonder if they make a small version (less than 2" diameter). Though that would be an expensive venture to shoe horn two of those into the tunnel in my 78" Extra!