• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Buick Mackane

70cc twin V2
Pardon the interruption. I just want to thank Aztech Aeromodels. They tracked down a CF elevator horn for my 60" EG Sbach. The vendor I purchased it from offered no help when I called them. So I contacted Aztech and they have it on the way. That's what I call customer service! Maybe that's a misnomer...since they don't carry the 60' Sbach and I purchased it elsewhere. Above and beyond. You guys rock! Many thanks to Aztech Aeromodels.

RKEstes

50cc
Also from my experience with my gassers you will probably find out that your plane is woefully tail heavy with those very small lightweight batteries and end up adding weigh to get the CG correct. I use 2750mah batteries far forward in my 50cc Edge with a DA-70 on the nose and she is dead neutral. Rudder is pull pull and not in the tail.

FlyMike1

70cc twin V2
Ooook 2s 2200mah thanks guys. If you say so:) Yeah I was shocked at the weight but I will weigh it again when it stops raining outside. It has to be heavier then that.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
To add another twist. I use a wolverine, either 2- 1800 2s or 2-2200 2s and an ibec on my EF 78. Works great and has redundancy. [MENTION=443]ghoffman[/MENTION] is using regulated 3s packs now to maintain power throughout the entire flight. 2s at 60% or less start losing punch to HV setups. I'll probably do that on 50cc and bigger.

RKEstes

50cc
Pardon the interruption. I just want to thank Aztech Aeromodels. They tracked down a CF elevator horn for my 60" EG Sbach. The vendor I purchased it from offered no help when I called them. So I contacted Aztech and they have it on the way. That's what I call customer service! Maybe that's a misnomer...since they don't carry the 60' Sbach and I purchased it elsewhere. Above and beyond. You guys rock! Many thanks to Aztech Aeromodels.

Azhar is a righteous dude! Just sayin... :pompom:

hone

150cc

That's great! Glad he was able to help you out :)

gyro

GSN Contributor

Hopper, we allow (and encourage) the sharing of factual experiences with RC vendors, both good and bad. Thanks for sharing both side of the coin with us.
Aztech Aeromodels had some of the best CS in the hobby, we're grateful to have them here as a sponsor of the site.

If you don't mind saying, who was the vendor you bought the plane from that wouldn't help you?

Buick Mackane

70cc twin V2
Hey Gyro, I purchased the airframe from Ohio Model Products when I was at the Weak Signals Expo. I'm happy with the kit with one exception...the bridge between the left and right elevator is too weak and twists when mild force is applied. Therefore, I opted to use dual servos to remedy the situation. There were supposed to be two CF horns in the hardware package. When I called OMP I was told that they didn't have access to spare parts. I sent a PM to Aztech and they got one ordered that same day. Another stand-up vendor that I have found through your forum. Ahzar is totally righteous!

Last edited by a moderator: