• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Hey Gyro, I purchased the airframe from Ohio Model Products when I was at the Weak Signals Expo. I'm happy with the kit with one exception...the bridge between the left and right elevator is too weak and twists when mild force is applied. Therefore, I opted to use dual servos to remedy the situation. There were supposed to be two CF horns in the hardware package. When I called OMP I was told that they didn't have access to spare parts. I sent a PM to Aztech and they got one ordered that same day. Another stand-up vendor that I have found through your forum. Ahzar is totally righteous!

+1! Sounds like OMP could use a lesson from several of the vendors here! Glad you worked it out [MENTION=2581]hopper[/MENTION].

Buick Mackane

70cc twin V2
Amen [MENTION=769]dth7[/MENTION]! I've done business with several vendors that I found through this forum and have been impressed with the products and customer service from all of them. I hadn't purchased a single item from Aztech when I contacted them about my control horn situation. I'll definitely be doing business with them in the future. Aztech Aeromodel, Redwing RC, Solid Hobby, Altitude Hobbies, Subsonic Planes, West Michigan Park Flyers, RC Dude, Twisted Hobbies and vinyl graphics from Gyro... to name names.

+1! Sounds like OMP could use a lesson from several of the vendors here! Glad you worked it out [MENTION=2581]hopper[/MENTION].

gyro

GSN Contributor
Amen @dth7! I've done business with several vendors that I found through this forum and have been impressed with the products and customer service from all of them. I hadn't purchased a single item from Aztech when I contacted them about my control horn situation. I'll definitely be doing business with them in the future. Aztech Aeromodel, Redwing RC, Solid Hobby, Altitude Hobbies, Subsonic Planes, West Michigan Park Flyers, RC Dude, Twisted Hobbies and vinyl graphics from Gyro... to name names.

Thanks hopper :)

One of the things that we feel makes us different here, is that we don't allow "anyone" to advertise here... we screen them all. We feel that only the best should receive our support through this forum. Now anyone can put their products in the marketplace for sale, but advertising in the threads and through banner ads is controlled on 3DRCF. This way, you know that if you see a business being advertised here, they've essentially got our endorsement!

Buick Mackane

70cc twin V2
Gyro, Dr. Gonzo and I were discussing that topic recently. I respect what you and your associates are doing with the forum in regards to screening vendors and the lack of advertising. That tells me the promotion of the hobby is a primary focus. And as vendors go...There is a lot of grease out there. Doing business with people whom will take care of you after they've been paid is a huge selling factor for me. I appreciate your efforts. Keep up the great work and thank you...this forum has taught me a lot.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Gyro, Dr. Gonzo and I were discussing that topic recently. I respect what you and your associates are doing with the forum in regards to screening vendors and the lack of advertising. That tells me the promotion of the hobby is a primary focus. And as vendors go...There is a lot of grease out there. Doing business with people whom will take care of you after they've been paid is a huge selling factor for me. I appreciate your efforts. Keep up the great work and thank you...this forum has taught me a lot.

^^^^^ this guy gets it :D

Going to throw some love out to [MENTION=2]SnowDog[/MENTION], [MENTION=109]NJSwede[/MENTION], and [MENTION=2643]3DMIKE[/MENTION]... They've worked hard to help the site run awesome, and luckily they fully support the choice we made to be selective. It's not the most profitable business model, but we all sleep well at night with clear consciences! :)

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
+1000

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Maneuver name? I do it but don't remember the name. Low pass, high energy. Pull up to 45-60 degrees right into a KE fly over back down the other side to same altitude and roll to level. In think Joe started it. I want to say "wahoo"??? Was going to add to 3D Pedia but forgot the name.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Maneuver name? I do it but don't remember the name. Low pass, high energy. Pull up to 45-60 degrees right into a KE fly over back down the other side to same altitude and roll to level. In think Joe started it. I want to say "wahoo"??? Was going to add to 3D Pedia but forgot the name.

Sounds like the scream?