• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

skibum44

70cc twin V2
I was worried about this to when I went to the DX8, because I fly at a place with high interference (just found out the other day that they have strong AM coming from one tower and wifi 2.4ghz conning from the other). The am plays havoc between the RX and servos with long runs. And we know 2.4. So far so good... I made the change after having two lockouts one on a heli and one on a 60" edge using a A9, thought it was a BEC issue with the heli, before realizing it was a lockout with the second crash of the edge. The lockout happened in the same exact spot in the air with both crashes... One with a 6ch RX and another with a 7ch. I had thousands of flights at this location. Now with the Speky that I run only DSMX I am lockout free so far... Totally knocking on wood.

-DJO

70cc twin V2
Yeah after reading more it's all about DSM2 being horrible, DSMX is the way to go. I always thought that it was just the Spektrum signal itself that was weak... so that's great to know and I'll probably be using DSMX a lot more :D

:)

Dan

njswede

150cc
Yeah after reading more it's all about DSM2 being horrible, DSMX is the way to go. I always thought that it was just the Spektrum signal itself that was weak... so that's great to know and I'll probably be using DSMX a lot more :D

Dan

It pretty much only matters when you're in very noisy environments. But DSMX is better, so use it.

-DJO

70cc twin V2
It pretty much only matters when you're in very noisy environments. But DSMX is better, so use it.

Yeah I'll be using DSMX for my relatively expensive planes. But other than that there's no benefit to Spektrum if you're still going to use $60 receivers ;) so the cheapo RX's are of great use for me for foamies and such :D

Dan

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I'm not going to say dsmx isn't better but there are still thousands of people that are really happy flying dsm2. I use dsm2 all the time and have never had an issue. I have heard it struggles in a noisy environment though. I have flown dsm2 ar6100s (parkflyer rx) almost out of sight on flying wings without a single hiccup.

dskuro95

100cc
Went flying today with Zmonster97. It was 25-20 mph winds and me and him were flying. The wind was a direct crosswind so I would come in left to right and kick into the cross wind and land my planes like a helicopter. Either I or Z will be posting a video either later or tomorrow.

dskuro95

100cc
Anyone have an ETA of when the 59" AJ Slick Motor Box Kit will be in stock again? I need it if I wanna practice for my 3drc 38 contest

dskuro95

100cc
I did email once last week(tuesday) Then yesterday(I know theyw ere at toledo). I'll post in there though. Thanks Gary