• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

Santi8

70cc twin V2
noone ever buy the Hitec 5495BH I was usign it as my throttle servo in my 87 shp and it burned up. Then got a new one and happened the next flight. It is crap!!!! I am either gettigna 5665mg or a 7954 for throttle

5665 2s unregulated

gyro

GSN Contributor
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365307642.704131.jpg
I've installed a HS-5565MH on 2s unregulated into my 87" SHP.

dskuro95

100cc
Okay, I am debating taking mine off. I know it helps but I know I had the endpoints set right so I know that wasn't the issue. I think the servo is just crap

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I leave the spring on my throttle because it puts pressure on the digital servo I have driving it. It could get a little jittery without any pressure and we don't want that :D

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I'll just say that I like my DX8 as well.

I am really glad to hear you guys liking your Spectrum radios now and I am very glad to hear the brown outs are behind them now. I too like the way they feel but I had a 6i back when they had the brown out problems, lost two planes and most of a full flying season with the radio and receivers sent back two times. Even after the second service updates on my receivers I landed I still occasionally had a flashing receiver and I simply was so nervous to fly. I was even using the large capacitor they provided me.