• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Saying goodbye to AMA?

Noledad

New to GSN!
Right now is the time we all need to stick together, because United We stand, divided We fall...
I keep hearing "this is the time we need to stand together and be united"...well haven't we been standing together all along united in what we thought was a common goal and now here we are. The AMA didn't do jack squat to protect us.

You know maybe its our own faults for assuming what the AMA actually does. Liability Insurance yes...but what else do they do? I know more clubs that have been closed, not near DC and where was the AMA then? Does anyone actually have an example of where the a liability claim was made and the AMA actually paid it? Did they file an injunction against the FAA? Does the AMA even see this as part of their job or is this an incorrect assumption on members parts?

The unfortunate part is that most of us don't have a private field. If we don't have a forward thinking club willing to break away and we want to continue participating in a hobby we love, you have two options....follow the rest of the lemmings or get out.

You kind of feel screwed either way. I'd rather take my AMA money and donate it to the club on top of my membership fee to better the fields than give the AMA more $.

Noledad

New to GSN!
I agree with United We Stand, but I think we should be United in FIGHTING this, not negotiating concessions that we will not have long -time control over.
Agree...so who's gonna do the fighting? Our frustrated posts only continue to beat the dead horse. Writing to our Congressmen and the FAA won't amount to anything either.

Judge

70cc twin V2
AMA has already sued (in August 2014) over essentially the same points. FAA has overstepped 336 and FAA has incorrectly categorized model airplanes as "aircraft". It will be interesting to see how this particular suit goes.