• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Saying goodbye to AMA?

RJ 706

70cc twin V2
Paying dues and following the rules more than qualifies your comments as strong, qualified opinion.
Definitely not a rant. Democracy at work. In my opinion !

It is our responsibility to care and our right to question any elected position as well as hold them accountable for their actions, especially when the consequences are brought to bare on so many.

Krzy4RC

GSN Contributor
I'm still not sure why all the energy is directed to the AMA and not the FAA, who are the ones that lied, backstabbed and ignored the law.

sweetpea

100cc
I just saw a QA from AMA.

They are now saying.....

1. You must register by Feb 19 because whatever they are doing won't be resolved by then.
2. 400 ft rule does not apply if you fly under community org standards (AMA).
3. 55lb weight restriction is lifted if you fly under community org standards (AMA), so you have to do the AMA requirements
4. You don't have to put FAA number on your plane(s) because you are supposed to have AMA # on there, but you must have copy of your FAA registration with you when you fly (incase you get "pulled over")

They said that the FAA is updating their site to reflect all this.

So basically the AMA rolled over to make us register anyway.