• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GSN GIVE-A-WAY Hangar 9 35% Extra 300X Assembly

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Okay so I talked to Doug B. at Horizon this morning and he asked me what it would take to get this done. What I decided was, to keep my fuselage and stabs, because there pretty good. The covering isn't great, but with my luck different ones wouldn't be much better, I can live with them. I will be getting new wings, cowl, hatch and rudder. They have already gone through and picked out the best ones they could find and they will ship probably tomorrow. He sent me a return label for the old parts so I'll be boxing them up tomorrow.

This way I can start on the airplane and get some things done.

I did get another private message today from Ali Machinchy. I had sent him one yesterday after reading the email about sending me parts instead of a whole airplane. In today's message, which I didn't see until after I talked to Horizon this morning, he said I was still getting a complete airplane. I think they need to communicate with each other a little better.

So, I guess I could have gotten the whole thing replaced had I said that's what I wanted, but I'm happy with what we decided on.

Now I just have to wait and see if FedEx gets it to me without damage or just plain loosing it. FedEx and I are like oil and water, we don't mix well.;)

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I spent quite awhile tonight with the iron and heat gun on the fuselage. It turned out pretty good, if ARF manufactures would spend a few minutes with some sandpaper before covering things would look so much better. Covering over rough plywood can only turnout so good. Generally the fuselage looks pretty nice.

20170615_220053_resized.jpg
20170615_220128_resized.jpg
20170615_220100_resized.jpg
20170615_220159_resized.jpg
20170615_220205_resized.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Jetpainter you have to remember you are painter and I have had some friends that were painters and what they could feel with their fingers I could just not see, the plane looks good but it is ARF. What you can see none of us can. It's looking good to me.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
The parts from Horizon are already here! I'll have to take back what I said about FedEx.

The good news is the wings look pretty good. I'll know more tonight when I can take a better look. The bad news is the hinges on the rudder are different than the old one. They added an extra hinge on the top and bottom.

So, I can either use my old rudder, or add some hinges to the fuselage. I think adding the hinges is the way to go. There just aren't enough on mine and I'm sure that's why they changed it. Getting hinges might be a problem.

The new cowl looks okay, but the hatch might not be as good as what I have. It depends on how it fits. I'll find out tonight.

At least I haven't shipped my old parts back yet. They're boxed and ready, but not leaving until I check out the new ones more carefully.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well you getting there slowly. I have one to say to all suppliers if you sell stuff to people for a hobby it needs to be good the first time we have enough aggravation at work and our hobby is for enjoyment and relaxation and not to get pissed off at.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Well the new hatch fits slightly better, but the clear canopy itself is warped on the right side and it's weak as hell. I think my original is better.:(

Plus, I don't know how you can get balsa sheeting this wavy. There are waves and dents sanded into it.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I checked out the rudder tonight too. All but one of the hinges in the tail post would need to be replaced to use the new rudder. Only the very bottom one lines up correctly. I need this rudder to be removable. If not it wont fit on my workbench. If I use the original rudder I still want to add another hinge to the top and bottom. Four is just not enough for that size rudder. The new one has six. If I add two to the original I need to find some with the same size pin or I will need to replace them all.

Airplanes are fun, airplanes are fun, airplanes are fun, airplanes are fun. Maybe if I keep repeating that I'll actually believe it.:oblong:

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
I checked out the rudder tonight too. All but one of the hinges in the tail post would need to be replaced to use the new rudder. Only the very bottom one lines up correctly. I need this rudder to be removable. If not it wont fit on my workbench. If I use the original rudder I still want to add another hinge to the top and bottom. Four is just not enough for that size rudder. The new one has six. If I add two to the original I need to find some with the same size pin or I will need to replace them all.

Airplanes are fun, airplanes are fun, airplanes are fun, airplanes are fun. Maybe if I keep repeating that I'll actually believe it.:oblong:
They should take all of that crap back and give you a plane that you can actually use. This whole saga reads like something from general hobby or nitro planes, not H9.

If it is that hard to get you going with quality stuff then it is likely that none of the boxed planes or parts of this particular plane is made properly. It appears they have a big problem with this air frame. I can only imagine the others out there with problems that are not even mentioned on forums.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
They should take all of that crap back and give you a plane that you can actually use. This whole saga reads like something from general hobby or nitro planes, not H9.

If it is that hard to get you going with quality stuff then it is likely that none of the boxed planes or parts of this particular plane is made properly. It appears they have a big problem with this air frame. I can only imagine the others out there with problems that are not even mentioned on forums.
It's been so ridiculously frustrating I can't even describe it.