• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

GSN GIVE-A-WAY Hangar 9 35% Extra 300X Assembly

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I heard from Ali Machinchy again today, they are going to pick me out a new airplane today. :)
Just been doing some catching up on your thread. I was beyond shocked when I read of the response from HH. But then I got to thinking back a few years when I received my H9 Cessna. For the most part, it was ok. But some of the major components were really messed up. Namely, the wings did not fit the cabin correctly and was totally unacceptable by me. Also, the nose gear block on the firewall had been installed crooked. The nose gear would have been laying on it's side when bolted to the block. What good is a nose gear if it is on the sidewall? Oh, wait.... that is for those side slip knife edge landings....right? Seriously, I called HH. I explained my issues and explained that I had purchased no less than half a dozen H9 airframes over the previous couple of years and I was "DONE" buying "CRAP". I was told they probably couldn't do too much to help me. I then subtly dropped the hint that I would be happy to post my findings with my experience with them. I was told immediately that my "ENTIRE" Cessna would be replaced and no charge. And for me to just keep the one I had. The replacement showed up two days later. Funny thing about companies that "WANT" to keep a good repore and reputation. Key word is "want". It is much more cost effective to replace one airframe and do a double quality check on their stock than it is to lose a billion sales on poor public relation and warranty replacement. I didn't feel ashamed for pushing the issue. We spend good hard earned money for our leisure activities and toys. Whether it be a jet ski, ski boat, motor cycle, road bike or well anything. We don't pay for garbage. And I feel companies that supply these products need to stand up and be accountable. Tony Tan and Pilot RC are prime examples of TOP SHELF manufacturers. Heck, I really damaged the front of the big Yak terribly. It really should have been trash canned. But thanks to Tony, it is basically brand new and it cost me less than a 100 bucks for shipping the replacement rebuild parts. I am very happy for you that your complete airframe will be replaced and you will have a top notch flyer when it is done. I am excited that they took care of you. I will do my best to stop in and catch up on your progress. The can mount looks awesome by the way. Didn't you tell me you were making one for me too?
happy-nodding-smiley-face-emoticon.gif

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
"I then subtly dropped the hint that I would be happy to post my findings with my experience with them. I was told immediately that my "ENTIRE" Cessna would be replaced and no charge."

Think about this for a moment. What about all the people that do not post their findings? They wind up stuck with a crap air frame, not too mention the labor they have to put into the air frame to get if in decent shape. This is a sad reality of what junk vendors can get by with if no one holds them accountable.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
"I then subtly dropped the hint that I would be happy to post my findings with my experience with them. I was told immediately that my "ENTIRE" Cessna would be replaced and no charge."

Think about this for a moment. What about all the people that do not post their findings? They wind up stuck with a crap air frame, not too mention the labor they have to put into the air frame to get if in decent shape. This is a sad reality of what junk vendors can get by with if no one holds them accountable.
Exactly my motivation. Glad you pointed that out also.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Well this saga just took another turn. I received an email from Doug B at Horizon product support telling me that have picked me out a nice left wing, rudder, and cowl. No mention now of replacing the whole thing or even the bad hatch.

frustrated-face-emoticon-i15.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Holy SH1* I can not believe it they are really being a pain in the you know what. From what you have had to go through I do not believe that I will be looking at HH plane for a very long time. Or a new radio all you asking for is to get your money's worth and they can not even do that. I have seen this before they think they are to big to fail, well guess what look at Aeroworks and others.