• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

EF Edge 74"

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Looking great! And wow it's almost ready to fly! From box to done in no time! I was hoping to put a 4 stroke in one but I happen to have a DLE 40. Looks like the cowl has enough room even for it with its straight plug configuration.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
The left side might be a little tight with the straight plug version. I have about 1/2" with the plug cap on.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I was able to finish everything up last night. I finished the baffling and cooling holes. Added a choke rod and mounted the aileron servo plugs.
image01.jpg
image02.jpg
image03.jpg
image04.jpg
image05.jpg
image07.jpg
image08.jpg
image10.jpg
image12.jpg

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
For balance I put 2 5200 Fromeco Li-ions in the motor box. That made it still a touch tail heavy hanging from the wingtube. I will adjust after flying. I was hoping to put 2 2600's in the plane, but they did not balance correctly.

image10.jpg

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Did you balance it without the wings on it?
Nope. Put the wings on with my string around the wingtube. Also tried with my fingers under the wings at the recommended 4 1/8" to 4 5/8" and still a bit tail heavy. Not sure if the manual is 100% correct or not. I will find out when I fly it how the balance is. It is snowing here right now and 20+ mph winds. Hopefully soon for the maiden.

AEROSHELDON

70cc twin V2
Nope. Put the wings on with my string around the wingtube. Also tried with my fingers under the wings at the recommended 4 1/8" to 4 5/8" and still a bit tail heavy. Not sure if the manual is 100% correct or not. I will find out when I fly it how the balance is. It is snowing here right now and 20+ mph winds. Hopefully soon for the maiden.

SNOWING????