• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion Choosing an air frame----frustrations!

Well as you can see everyone has their favorite. Best thing you can do is do some research and find what flying style you are. Find the airframe you feel that would suite you. Btw 3dhs 58" edge on 4s is the best.lol

I would have to recoment the 3dhs 57'' extra 330sc by scott stopps. with the following setup which I have found to be excellent "for any 60'' airframe".

Motrolfly 4315-714kv "4-cell wind"
4x HS-7245MH
CC ice lite 100
CC 10 amp BEC
Hiyin 4-cell 4000 I can not recommend this brand enough, has to be one of the best batteries out there.

You could aslo use the new CC talon 90 in substitute for the speed control and BEC listed above. I bought one I will try on a 60'' laser if I ever get the money for the airframe and batteries for one.

I had that basic same setup in my first EF 60" Edge and I found it to be too light. It did not have good wind penetration as it was too floatly. I had to up it to a 4s 5000. The EFs really like the 6s 3300 setup better. It is also more efficient. 4s is easier on 12V chargers though.

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
I had that basic same setup in my first EF 60" Edge and I found it to be too light. It did not have good wind penetration as it was too floatly. I had to up it to a 4s 5000. The EFs really like the 6s 3300 setup better. It is also more efficient. 4s is easier on 12V chargers though.

I meant that motor in general. You can get in in any wind you need, 4,5,6 cell.

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
Well, this project got back burnerd for a while. We have been without power for 5 days. Ened up dropping for a generator to run the essentials. Not cheap. It will power my chargers at the field though! So time to search and prepare for the first shipment after the chinese new year!

wedoitall

Well, this project got back burnerd for a while. We have been without power for 5 days. Ened up dropping for a generator to run the essentials. Not cheap. It will power my chargers at the field though! So time to search and prepare for the first shipment after the chinese new year!

60" laser :)

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
I am 42 and have never seen a power outage like this in my area. Thousands of people still without power. Crews from several states are here putting up lines. The amout of down trees is astonishing! Crazy days here in Michigan. Hope everyone else gets power soon.

danielph

50cc
The Extreme Flight 60" Extra 300 has been my favorite electric ever since it came out and probably always will be. The Extreme Flight Extras are just "right"! They'll out perform anything else in precision and high-speed "XA" style aerobatics while being able to 3D with rock-solid stability. Regardless of the type of aerobatics that I'm flying, the EF Extra 300 will be my machine of choice!
[video=youtube;8Ml8zmXR7MA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ml8zmXR7MA&list=TLYXvEsnUwK8R-e5xXWc7vUDhavlB27AMf[/video]