• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

36% PAU Edge 540T

Super08

70cc twin V2
I buy it in 75' rolls. Comes in just about any color and in different widths. I usually get mine in 5/8".

Tseres

150cc
The stuff I get I think are called Wire Ties or Wire Straps. Come in 2 lengths. Ones like 6in and the other is around 12in. I don't know how many on a roll. The double roll costs around $25 and lasts a long time. I think I supply North Central Indiana with the straps. LOL.

Tseres

150cc
Made progress this morning. Got the wings set up for throws and set the plane up with dual rates. I have the servos as quiet as a mouse on high rates but they buzz a little on medium and low rates. I might wait till Tuesday to try it out.

Super08

70cc twin V2
Tseres;13436 wrote: The stuff I get I think are called Wire Ties or Wire Straps. Come in 2 lengths. Ones like 6in and the other is around 12in. I don't know how many on a roll. The double roll costs around $25 and lasts a long time. I think I supply North Central Indiana with the straps. LOL.

I used to buy them like that and then switched to the bulk rolls. Then I can cut whatever length I require.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Tseres;13436 wrote: The stuff I get I think are called Wire Ties or Wire Straps. Come in 2 lengths. Ones like 6in and the other is around 12in. I don't know how many on a roll. The double roll costs around $25 and lasts a long time. I think I supply North Central Indiana with the straps. LOL.

Awesome!! Thanks!!

Tseres

150cc
Tried the Edge out again tonight. Had a complete lockout. Talked to a lot of Futaba people. they seem to thing I need to move the antenna. Won't have time till Sunday. IMAC worlds are in session till then and I'm helping out where they need help.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Tseres;14298 wrote: Tried the Edge out again tonight. Had a complete lockout. Talked to a lot of Futaba people. they seem to thing I need to move the antenna. Won't have time till Sunday. IMAC worlds are in session till then and I'm helping out where they need help.

Wow, that sounds kind of like a shot in the dark. Is there a way to check for fades and frame loss like on a JR? I've never actually done that on a JR. Was the engine running with the lockout? Just curious if you maybe have a funky ignition.

Tseres

150cc
Terryscustom;14303 wrote: Wow, that sounds kind of like a shot in the dark. Is there a way to check for fades and frame loss like on a JR? I've never actually done that on a JR. Was the engine running with the lockout? Just curious if you maybe have a funky ignition.

The funky ignition and the antenna placement seemes to be the concensus. I did change theb IBEC but I have another and I can change it again. I just don't get it. Never had a problem like this before. Now I'm on a Quest to find out what the problem is. I just remembered a friend of mine has a good spare DA ignition I'll see if I can borrow it just to see.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
The ignition would probably only apply if you fail a range check or have lockouts without the engine running. Wish you luck! FWIW there was a guy with a similar issue at an event last weekend and after working with it for quite a long time they finally send his program to another guy's radio. Range check was great and he flew the rest of the day. Now he's off to get a new radio.

Tseres

150cc
Terryscustom;14579 wrote: The ignition would probably only apply if you fail a range check or have lockouts without the engine running. Wish you luck! FWIW there was a guy with a similar issue at an event last weekend and after working with it for quite a long time they finally send his program to another guy's radio. Range check was great and he flew the rest of the day. Now he's off to get a new radio.

That has also been suggested.